Sunday, August 21, 2022

Postpartum weight loss

Sigh... I'm back at it - losing the baby weight. I think in the course of 12 full-term pregnancies, I have gained about 500 lbs and lost about 450 lbs of it. This is no small feat. I am sure there are moms out there who effortlessly lose the baby weight through breastfeeding or genetics without having to make an effort, but I think for most of us, this is not the case. As for breastfeeding, many of us moms GAIN weight while nursing. Ugh. 

Obviously, a nursing infant's needs must come first, but for mom's physical and mental well-being, taking care of herself should also rank high on the list of priorities. 

In the two videos below, I talk about what I have found works for me as far as losing weight postpartum between pregnancies, while breastfeeding. 





The video descriptions on YouTube have links to some of the products I mention. 

Please share YOUR tips of what has helped you lose the baby weight in the comments below. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi there. I am far beyond pregnancy years, but have struggled with weight gain due to not having a thyroid. Thyroid cancer caught up with me in 2010. Steadily, I gained weight through the years. In April 2021, I started the 21 day Daniel Diet then the Color Wheel Diet going organic where I could. I lost 50 pounds, but put 10 pounds back on. Back at it again. Eating nutritionally dense foods as best I can, taking vitamins and supplements. All the best to you, ~d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly logging what you eat in MyFitnessPal is really helpful and helps you be more mindful about what you’re eating and how much. The downside is that it can be time consuming to remember everything, input the exact measurements, and if you go out to eat, may not be in there. But this may be helpful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zsuzsanna! I really love your blog, and my husband and I have been listening to your husband's preaching since we got married almost two years ago. :)
    Anyway, I have a 9 month old and am also 19 weeks pregnant lol. I exclusively breastfed, no pacifiers or anything but we don't use birth control and never have, largely in part to Pastor Anderson's preaching, so my second pregnancy wasn't necessarily a surprise, although I did think breastfeeding would stop ovulation longer than it did. But anyway, probably around 2-3 months after giving birth to my first, I tried intermittent fasting, as in fasting at least from 8pm-10am, or just as long as I could before getting lightheaded or not feeling well. That helped a lot, as well as getting out and exercising whenever I could. Got down to 2 lbs above pre-pregnancy weight before conceiving again. Obviously that probably wouldn't work for everyone and you probably have tried it before, but for me it worked because I had an oversupply of milk anyway. :) Trying to eat better with this pregnancy and not gain quite as much (I gained almost 45 lbs my first pregnancy haha.) Actually I recently bought your cookbook and have really enjoyed using the recipes. :D

    Sorry for the long comment, I thought I should sort of introduce myself since I haven't commented before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally irrelevant to this particular post, but I recall a post with a walnut chocolate cake recipe on here a while ago; I made it once and it was very good and now I cannot find the post. Is the recipe still available online somewhere?

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.