Tuesday, November 10, 2015

10-year Church Anniversary

You know how they say kids grow up in the blink of an eye? Well, in much the same way, it seems like just yesterday that we started our church. It certainly doesn't seem like a DECADE ago! Yet, in a little over 5 weeks from now, we are celebrating our 10-year church anniversary.

Aw, look at wittle Solomon in the front row! And Isaac asleep in his chair... And look, my husband with no beard! (March 2006)

And, much like a mom will look at her grown child and always see her "baby", I see our church as the same it was when we had our first service, in our living-room-converted-to-an-auditorium with just 9 people in the first service on Sunday morning, Christmas Day 2005. Five of those were our own family! The family of two of the ones who came are still members of our church, which is very dear and special to us. Our current Sunday morning record is 185 in attendance, set just this past week, and yet I look at the crowd and it seems like nothing has changed since those early days. Just a group of dedicated Christians who sincerely love the Lord, and each other.

Ah, memories! There have been many ups and the inevitable downs, much like anything in life. My husband and I love our church dearly, and are very blessed to be able to serve God through this ministry.

Some of our key members approached me months ago, sharing their hopes of making this anniversary an extra special one for my husband, who truly labors in the word and doctrine every single day. To that end, they have several surprises planned for him. Paul Wittenberger put together a short video that explains a little more about this, and someone else at our church has set up this website that has all the details, which I don't want to reveal here on the off chance that my husband is reading this post.






You might think, "Surprise? But you are writing about it on our blog?" Well, my husband and I have a little joke that he never reads my blog, and I never listen to his online sermons. It's true - we do live with one another, after all, which is like streaming preaching 24/7! And after a long day with the kids, he isn't one to seek out more stories and pictures of them on my blog. :)

Additionally, my husband has also been informed that surprises are being planned for him, and that there is a website with all the info. He has been asked not to visit this website should he see it promoted. So please feel free to share this post. I have held off sharing the website for several months, but since we are close to the special service, it's time to spread the info near and far, so as many as possible can join us on that special day.
So please visit the website here and join in the celebration!

10 comments:

  1. Dear Suszanna. I think yo should check the link to the word "here" in your post. Someone trolled you. No don't think this is what you want your link to go to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads-up. I checked the link, and it goes to the right website from my end. Not sure what you mean?

      Delete
  2. Link worked fine for me. What game is that you are playing with your younger kids in the Oct. 21st post? I see fruit on trees and baskets...looks like fun for my younger ones! We'll try to make it Dec. 20th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's a link to it: http://www.amazon.com/HABA-3103-Haba-Orchard-Game/dp/B000ELORPY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447437166&sr=8-1&keywords=haba+orchard+game

      We have the original (German) version, but this is the same in English. There is another version for younger kids that we also love, and a floor size version that is prohibitively expensive, but pretty cool.

      Delete
    2. Here's a link to the others: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=haba+orchard+game

      Delete
  3. Dear Zsuzsa,

    Congratulations on your church's 10th anniversary! I know you and Pastor Steve have worked so, so hard for your church!

    In the picture above, little Solomon looks just like little Stephen does now! Wow! Adorable. I have never seen pictures of your church when it was a house church. Love it.

    I have emailed two baby pictures in to your website email, but I have to tell you, they are not truly the result of your husband's preaching - they are a result of YOURS! :) Really, it was your blogging, and even more importantly, your sweet and amazing example of remaining open to God's gift of life despite horrendously difficult pregnancies. Your witness has been so strong that children are a blessing, and the Lord is sovereign in conception, even when circumstances are difficult.

    Congratulations again!
    Love,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Diana, thank you! I am so humbled by your heart-felt and sweet comment. You are a dear friend, and I am glad we are in this together! The babies truly are so worth it, aren't they! I am glad God's word is true and guides us right even when our own hearts would lead us astray, only to have regrets later. Many blessings to you and your beautiful family!

      Delete
  4. Dear Zsuzsanna,
    I disagree with many of your doctrinal beliefs, in fact I'm not even a Christian. So it pains me to say this ;) , but you and your husband inspire me in your zealous and uncompromising search for the truth, just like the first Christians!
    Your church obviously isn't driven by money or attendance. You don't water-down your beliefs to please as many as possible. Your church is diverse and not just a club for people of same socio-economic status. You're also honest with your struggles and your family isn't portrayed as picture-perfect on your blog. You question the powers of this world and the "official" version of events. This is so incredibly refreshing! Most Christians I know are hypocrites, and that's one thing I can't say about your family.
    So from someone who used to be a "hater" (I mean a silent judge, I would not post anything mean online), I just have to say you impress me on all these points.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Annie, thank you for such an honest and kind comment. I hope you come to know Christ as your Savior someday soon. God bless you!

      Delete
  5. Happy 10 years!! You both have worked so hard and been through the trenches to bring others truth. Our family has benefited greatly from your amazing family. Love you all dearly. Sad we are so many miles apart! May the Lotd continue blessing the years to come!! The Argons

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.