When the White House gives out a falsified birth certificate, and claims to have killed the boogieman all in the same week, and you just can't stand their lies any more, bake these. They will help ease the pain of realizing that we are being ruled by evil thugs that are out to hurt and enslave us.
Regardless of the political climate, these are my #1 favorite use for overripe bananas. I often buy extra bananas to allow them to turn brown just so I can make these.
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (mini if you have them, or buy regular and use them whole, or chop them up first)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line or grease muffin tins.
2. Mash bananas in large bowl using a mixer. Add softened butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add baking powder, baking soda, flour, and milk, and mix.
4. Add chocolate chips and walnuts, stir.
5. Fill muffin tins about 2/3 full. The recipe will make 18-24 muffins.
6. Bake for about 14 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick.
7. Serve with fresh cold milk and ENJOY!