Tuesday, June 25, 2019

How to buy a smaller (non-standard) Willow breast pump flange

The Willow wearable breast pump only comes in 2 standard flange sizes: 24 mm and 27 mm. If neither of these sizes work for you, please watch the video below to learn of a hack that makes it possible to size the flange down to whatever size you need:





Even though I have breastfed all of our babies, the older I get, and the more babies I have, the more I struggle to provide enough milk for them. I think it's a mixture of being more busy, getting older, and inevitable hormonal changes. I have heard the same from several other moms of many.

With Peter, in addition to supplementing him with formula, I also pumped to help build my supply. However, traditional breast pumps are time consuming and inconvenient, which made it difficult for me to pump as often as would have been ideal.

I am excited to have discovered this hack to make it possible for me to pump much more often after the arrival of baby #11 to help establish a solid milk supply.

 Please let me know in the comments below if you have a question.

5 comments:

  1. Far be it from me to tell people what to do but maybe this is your body's way of communicating to you that you have already born enough children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, if you say "far be it from me to tell people what to do", you're already acknowledging the offensive nature of what you're about to say. This mama knows her body (and situation) better than anyone. To Mrs. Suzsanna, thank you for your helpful tip and kudos to you for all you do as a hardworking mama of 11 (or how ever many kids you currently have)

      Delete
  2. I am almost 43 and expecting my fourth. I did find that with my last baby (#3) at almost 39 that stress, combined with an ineffective, painful latch, did a real number on my supply. Breastfeeding did not last long because as soon as she had bottles for supplementation, she preferred them over me. I had never struggled with supply with my first two, despite having all my babies at an "older" age. Hoping this time goes a lot smoother. I will try to stay on top of things, despite having more on my plate this time than last time. The more children you have, the harder it gets to get the rest you need, keep stress levels sufficiently down, and try to eat right. I have a special needs child, so that has contributed to MY stress levels. I certainly don't need seven more kids to add to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous good luck to you as your approach the impending birth. :)

      Delete
  3. God Bless, and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.