As of today, I am 35 weeks pregnant. For those of you who are wondering, here are some random pregnancy updates in no particular order:
- We have a name! I think. Unless my husband changes his mind at the last minute and vetoes it, or unless we look at the baby and the name seems entirely unfitting. In any case, we won't tell until after baby is born and it's official. Hints: It's a Bible name, and it does not appear in the list of 100 or even 1000 most popular baby boy names.
- Speaking of baby names: I refuse to reuse any first initial. Labeling items with one letter only is crucial to my sanity. With 26 letters in the alphabet, we should be okay for a lifetime of reproduction. :)
- Baby is BIG. Actually, make that HUGE. Oh, wait, maybe that's just me?!? My watermelon-size uterus is popping my rib cage apart, requiring frequent trips to the chiropractor. There is this one particular spot on my back that is driving me insane. Two things that help: having the spot rubbed vigorously, or floating in the pool.
- With my due date being August 1, I think it would be fun to actually have the baby on my husband's birthday (July 24). Not that I get to pick.
- The thermometer in my car read 117 degrees today. By the time we went grocery shopping at 8 pm, it had COOLED DOWN to 109 degrees. Lovely, eh? The heat still makes me get sick.
- In an effort to build up 3 weeks worth of frozen meals to have on hand after the birth, I have been cooking double batches of most breakfasts and dinners I am making this month. Which really, given the size of our family, is a quadruple batch of most normal recipes. For example, one night this week I cooked 4 lbs of pasta, 6 quarts of tomato sauce, and 5 lbs of meatballs. Since it was all from scratch, it took me pretty much all afternoon to get it done. Half of it went in the freezer, half of it was eaten for dinner that night and lunch the next day.
Being pregnant at the height of summer is not a walk in the park. Of course, neither is giving birth. Alas, I feel like I am between a rock and a hard place. As much as I want to be done being pregnant, I am also enjoying these last few days and weeks of Anna being the baby, and being able to do fun stuff with the older kids. More on our planned summer activities in another post.