Some people accuse "large" families of the stupidest reasons for having "so many" babies. I'm here to disprove them all.
- Mom is too lazy to do the housework herself: You may laugh at this, but there seriously are people who claim that mothers of large families keep having more and more children to have - you guessed it - more hands to help with the work. This is so incredibly stupid I don't even know where to begin. If having children were the easier thing to do, if it meant less work, then everyone would be doing it because everyone naturally tends toward laziness. Besides, the reason why there is so much work to do is because there are many children - childless couples no doubt have much less work to come by than parents of many children.
- Mom is addicted to newborns/babies: Guilty as charged. What better "thing" to be addicted to??!? So many people are addicted to anything from cigarettes to alcohol to drugs to TV to porn to shopping to overeating and on and on, all of which are harmful to one's health. Loving and cherishing babies, on the other hand, is a mutually beneficial "addiction". Any normal mother feels that way, it's only natural. It is also the foundation of a lifelong, loving relationship once those babies grow older.
- We don't actually like having babies, but are just doing it because we are scared of God: While we are commanded to fear and reverence God, and while the Bible says that children are His reward, not having babies by our own choice would be the punishment in and of itself for not trusting God in this area. There would be no need for God to punish us further. If I want to give my kids a reward, and they turn it down, it's their loss, not mine.
- You get more welfare money: For the record, we have never accepted any government help, even though there have been times when we would have qualified for it. Not that it would be wrong of us to do so, but they can just take their money (which was stolen from others to begin with) and perish with it. God is capable of taking care of us without the help of our wicked government.
- We are selfish: In spite of the fact that caring for and raising children is probably the most sacrificial, selfless thing any one of us will ever do, the world manages to spin it so that we are actually selfishly claiming all these children, while others have none. As if there were only a certain amount to go around, and we keep going back for seconds and thirds at the "Baby Buffet" while others get nothing because of our greediness.
- We are stupid: We are accused of being too stupid to know the world is already overpopulated (it isn't), too stupid to figure out "what causes that" (evidently, we do!), too stupid to realize how much it will cost to raise these children into adulthood (oh, really?), and definitely too stupid to understand that every other pursuit in life is more important than having a child. And because we are so stupid, the vast majority of us are outstanding enough in business to get by on a single income without government assistance, and give our children an education at home that no public school can hold a candle to. I wish more people were stupid like this.
- Making babies is the parents' only form of entertainment: If anyone actually thinks that TV or facebook or the like are more entertaining, they are doing it wrong.