This is by no means an exhaustive list. Just some ideas to get you thinking.
1. Use as counters for math.
2. Use as toilet targets for little boys.
3. String into a necklace for a little girl.
4. Have your child glue them onto paper in the shape of letters, numbers, etc.
5. Use for bird/duck food and observe the animals.
6. Lay out in a "trail" and have your baby follow it.
7. Make a quick rattle by filling a small plastic container with them.
8. Glue together into interesting structures and buildings.
9. Have child write a note and use cheerios in place of all o's
10. And of course, always keep a small baggie in your purse or vehicle for a quick, non-perishable snack.