Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Baby Chloe is one month old

Actually, by the time I am posting this, Chloe is six weeks old, but these pictures were taken a couple of weeks ago. 




Chloe has more hair than any of our other kids have had. She likes to listen to her older siblings practicing the piano, and she likes being outdoors and looking around. I can definitely see the resemblance with my husband's side of the family, but she also reminds me of my maternal grandma.




She is eating and growing well, weighing a little over 8 lbs now (she was born 6 lbs 15 oz). She is still somewhat intolerant to me eating dairy or wheat, but it's not nearly as bothersome to her as it was when she was first born.

Stop the paparazzi!


Chloe has been smiling since she was born, but not often and reliably enough to capture it on camera. Sometimes when she tries to smile, her face gets all wrinkled up from the effort, which is even cuter. She gets the hiccups a lot, something she did even in the womb.



The other kids continue to be smitten with sweet little Chloe. There is typically a "waiting list" for who gets to hold her next. Of course this had made her a bit spoiled, to where now she only wants to sleep as long as she is being held.



Isn't she such a little doll??? 

13 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing! I can't waut to see a picture of her smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, I'll be able to capture her smile very soon. She is smiling back more and more reliably.

      Delete
  2. So precious. How are you feeling; getting back to your pre-delivery self? Are the pre-made frozen meals holding out well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting there, thank you for asking. :) The meals are holding out really well this time, I would say there is still about a week's worth left. Woohoo!

      Delete
  3. She is a doll. My daughter was born 2 days after Chloe so itll be interesting to follow along and possibly learn a thing or two through- out your journey of having a newborn again. This is only my 2nd and like chloe, she will only sleep in someones arms. One difference is she was born 10 pounds and now im getting an arm workout from this 12 pounder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even after having had many babies, I still have to remind myself that this, too, shall pass, and all too soon. By the time your little one is about 3 months old, she will be much more predictable, and more likely to stay asleep on her own. In the meantime, I keep reminding myself that even though looking at all that needs to be done in a day seems overwhelming and impossible with a newborn, I know that somehow by the end of each day, I will have managed by the grace of God. One day at a time, one hour at a time.

      Delete
  4. She is a darling! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 😍😍 she sure is! 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the children play together so well. The creativity and play in childhood is how we train to be adults and it is so sweet that all your children know how to care for and treat a baby/child.
    Thank you for the window to your world and your children are a blessing.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for the kind comments. Chloe is such a precious blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is too cute... Any homeschool advice I'm a homemaker and mother of one boy Zachariah Levi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chloe is just beautiful. I had one that would only sleep while I was holding her and was super clingy as a older baby/toddler. She is 17 now and super independent. Would love to go back to the clingy baby even for minute. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.