Friday, May 27, 2016

Photo bomb!

A blog post with Chloe's birth story is still in the works. In the meantime, here are some (okay, a lot of) cute pictures of her and the other kids.

She was enjoying the mild evening breeze and listening to the birds chirping while everyone else was off at church. 


In her cute little skirt from Grandma (actually, everything else in the picture was also from Grandma).

Chloe loves the hanging cradle, which was a relief after how much time and effort went into it. She will nap quite long in it if her older siblings don't yell her awake, to the point where I wake her after a couple of hours to make sure she eats enough.  


So, yes, I put my babies on their bellies or sides to nap, so they actually stay asleep. I always have, with all nine kids, though I would NOT do so on a conventional mattress, as I am of the opinion that many SIDS cases are caused by the off-gassing of toxic flame retardants and other chemicals in the materials. Just throwing that out there for the haters.




At night, she sleeps by my side in bed. And look at that little stinker, cozily snoozing with both her hands up by her face. This is exactly how she was born.


Some pics with biggest brother. This young man will be 15 in the fall. With school done for the summer (he just finished his sophomore year of High School!), he has been spending much time this last week looking for a job. There are many places in Arizona that start hiring at 14, and he is one eager beaver to start earning "real" money, so he can save up for a car and start driving in less than a year. Insanity! He was just a wee newborn himself a few years ago. He had summer jobs the last couple of summers, but is now looking for something that he can keep doing even when school resumes, since he can ride the bus to places that are within reasonable distance. Lots of exciting but nerve-wrecking changes ahead! Having kids of all ages is not for the faint of heart. I feel like I have been strapped to the rack, and am slowly being stre-e-e-e-tched well beyond my comfort zone.




The following pictures were all taken by Miriam. I think she did a fabulous job, don't you? She said she wants to make a scrapbook for each of the younger kids, something she noticed I haven't had time for since I made a baby album for her.

Boaz, the little heartthrob. He's as lovable as he is mischievous. 



 Miriam and I spent an afternoon making headbands with interchangeable hair bows for Chloe.








Up next: birth story. Have a wonderful holiday weekend with your loves!

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I can't yet decide whom she most resembles, but she is definitely all Anderson!!!

    Love the pics of Anna!

    "Having kids of all ages is not for the faint of heart. I feel like I have been strapped to the rack, and am slowly being stre-e-e-e-tched well beyond my comfort zone."

    This is how I feel! Time is rushing past so quickly - I am about to have a pre-teen, and you have an almost-graduate! As you say, parenting is not for the faint of heart. Or rather, if one is faint of heart, as I am, it's definitely something that will stretch us out of our comfort zones! Congrats to Solomon - I know he will be an awesome and much-prized employee.

    Love the pictures of wee Chloe - what a darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of mine liked sleeping on their backs at that stage either. I'd follow the rules and put them on their backs anyway, but usually after only a few days they'd scoot themselves onto their sides.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe she looks like your husband with a touch of you as well :) Its funny when mine were born, I thought "What will they look like and what will their personality be like?" only to find that when I look now at their baby pictures, they look exactly the same but older, and their personality has NEVER changed! They are what they are as soon as they are born :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blogs are so informative. Beautiful kids and way to go mom for raising such a fantastic family. I'm surprised (in a good way) that your oldest will start working a steady part time job soon. That's great! Much peace and love to you all

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her jean skirt it's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All six of mine were belly sleepers. Have you ever heard of Bebe mattress covers? They are plastic mattress covers that trap all of the chemicals. They started using them in Australia, or New Zealand, I can't remember which, and the rate of SIDS has dropped to literally 0% among the moms that use them. I used one on my babies' mattresses, and they slept peacefully on their bellies, while Mama was also able to breathe easy. :) Chloe is beautiful! Oh, and I have a 14 1/2 yr old, also a boy, who is quickly approaching manhood. Nerve-wracking, but good, times ahead. As it is, I love having a babysitter, and the husband and I have been enjoying weekly dates. I have loved every season of life with my children, and am looking forward to adulthood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting Blog!
    If you are interested in good german language books wich are not as crass, look in the german amazon. There are tons of good ones. This one is great. https://www.amazon.de/Deutsch-ganz-leicht-Selbstlernkurs-Arbeitsbuch/dp/319507480X/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1464451389&sr=1-3&keywords=german

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why do all women think to offer up their opinions on how to let sleep, carry or feed baby´s? Even if their opinion is neither wanted nor needed? All those books are like do this, no, not that. in the next one it is just the opposite.
    Your little one looks cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear sister Zsuszanna, I am only 18 and really admire yours and your husband's life story. I am so glad that you both care about having as many children as possible (I think at least). But anyway, I am right now looking for a godly wife along with my Father in heaven. His guidance is crucial in this case but I'd like to hear some advice from you. I really want my first baby before 22 or so… then have 100 more (Jk, more like 10)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Zsuzsanna! I have been following your blog off and on for some time now and hoped to e-mail you, but this works, too. Congratulations on adding a beautiful baby to your family. I saw that you previously had HG. Did you have that with this pregnancy? (That's actually how I discovered you-- Desperate friends trying to help me with my HG shared your post.) Having more children terrifies me after that sickness... It keeps me up at night as I long to add more children but fear the hospital. At this point, God has withheld a pregnancy anyway although we are not preventing one. I read yours and your husband's stance on birth control, but how did you have the courage to face that many pregnancies? I'd love some encouragement! I'm also writing because I'd love your thoughts on my family's new blog. I have to be honest, I keep returning to yours because I'm tired of wishy-washy, cookie-cutter Christian Moms blogging about nothing but home decor and snacks. Thank you for writing and NOT being one of those people. (Also, my name is Miriam and my husband is Stephen... I chuckled long ago noticing you have one of each of those names!) :) God bless you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just checking in to see how she likes her hanging Moses basket!! I almost got a Moses basket for my son but the hanging idea is just perfect!! I'm hoping I can figure out how to order one from the German website you posted 😁

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have you always used natural mattress for all your babies to sleep on their bellies, even your first?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chloe is beautiful - cogratulations. And that little Boaz - he is incredibly adorable!! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always said the same thing. Our first born slept on her belly. Our second little blessing disliked sleeping on his belly or even flat on his back. The only way he slept was if my husband or I held him in our arms, so from that very idea I decided to make him a hammock baby bed. After that we all slept beautifully haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been a long time reader of your blog and honestly think you are superwoman with 9 kids, homeschooling, and all the cooking and other chores you handle! Chloe is absolutely adorable. I saw the picture of her sleeping so peacefully on her stomach and the first thing I thought was...there will be people who notice this and give negative comments. I have two sons and I went along with the 'always sleep on their backs' rule (they are 14 and 11 now) and they never took long naps, I know they would have been so much more comfortable on their stomachs. In retrospect I should have let them sleep that way; more rest for everyone!! Congrats on the sweet new addition; I was thinking you would have a girl this time; just had a feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,
    I've frequently returned to your post on morning sickness relief. I'm trying to get geared up for a third child right now, but I'm so daunted by the misery of nausea and vomiting that I've experienced with the previous two. I'm thinking of trying your liquid silver and turmeric regimen, and am wondering-- did you try it? And did it work? And during the regimen do you totally avoid all refined sugar and starchy things, or just try to cut back on them a little? What about naturally sweet things like fruit or honey? Thanks for any help you can offer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chloe is just gorgeous! Congratulations! Like you I think babies should sleep how they stay asleep. My son HATED sleeping on his stomach as a newborn, so he slept on his back. My daughter hated sleeping unless I was holding her.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Miriam is a gifted photographer and Boaz will break a few hearts in his lifetime, I am afraid.

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.