Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Going on a little getaway

For the first time ever in my 15 years as a wife and mother, I am going on a solo getaway! Well, not quite solo as Miriam will be joining me for company, but the rest of the family is staying home with Dad for three whole days and nights. 


Miriam and I are flying out tomorrow night after church on the all-nighter to Buffalo, NY, where we will be arriving Thursday morning. We will have the entire day to explore Niagara Falls. This is the last week that the "Maid of the Mist" boat tours are offered before they close for winter. Temperatures are forecast to be in the high 60s, which is great for this time of year. 

We will then be spending the night at a hotel within walking distance from the falls. Friday morning, we will sleep in, and leisurely make our way out farther East in NY state where we will be attending a Ladies Conference at another church. Since we have all Friday to get there, I am thinking about either taking a scenic route along Lake Ontario, or going a little out of our way and stopping at Letchworth State Park, the "Grand Canyon of the East."


The conference runs from Friday evening to Saturday afternoon. Our flight home again leaves Saturday evening, and we'll get home shortly before midnight. 

Can you imagine how excited we both are?!? Miriam has not stopped counting down the days since she found out about the trip a couple of weeks ago. 

If you think of it, please pray for safe travels for us, as well as my husband who will be playing my part at home while we are gone. I'm not sure he knows what he is in for... muahahaha!

12 comments:

  1. I absolutely recommend stopping by Letchworth. Buffalo and this part of New York state are my old stomping grounds. The color peak has passed but it will still be beautiful.

    Once you are home I recommend you watch the movie Niagara (not suitable for children). It stars Marilyn Monroe, Joseph Cotten, and Jean Peters. It is the movie that led to a dramatic increase in visitors to Niagara Falls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live 10 minutes from letchworth state park! I highly recommend it especially this time of the year it is beautiful. Enjoy your trip to New York!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! How amazing. And how wonderful that you're able to get away with your oldest daughter - that is so special! PLEASE take loads of pictures to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that sounds lovely! Enjoy! And take lots of pictures to show us when you get back!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I live in Corfu, NY which is about 45 minutes from Letchworth and about 35 from downtown Buffalo... Letchworth is gorgeous this time of year, enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Zussanna (sorry for misspelling i find it hard to spell long words haha). Is it true that you said Christians with depression arent true Christians (i am a Christian who has ADHD which means i get bouts of depression, i would hope you didnt say that :s)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. Where did you read this? I, personally, have never read anything like that on her blog.

      Delete
  7. I live in Buffalo.. You lucked out weather wise it is unseasonably warm this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an exciting adventure and I bet Miriam is really excited! I would've loved to go on a trip with just me and my Mam, when I was younger and I'm sure she'll enjoy the 1 on 1 time with you. Would love to hear about how the conference goes!

    Anjalee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a wonderful mother/daughter getaway! Looking forward to hearing all about it once you get a chance to share after you get back.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How amazing!! I've always wanted to visit Niagara Falls, but this Arizona born girl has never been that far east! I'll just have to live vicariously through your blog! Have fun and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! What a treat for both of you. Niagara Falls is truly one of the wonders of the world. You can really feel the power of the water from Maid of the Mist. Hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.