Saturday, September 19, 2015

My Brother's Visit

My brother visited us in early September, and stayed for almost 2 weeks. He has visited us in Arizona before, but that was nine years ago.  

Fair warning: this is a long post, with ridiculously many pictures. Please just consider this a peek into our family photo album, as my blog is the primary way I chronicle our family's happenings even just for ourselves. 


Please click below to keep reading this seriously long post... :)




My brother brought an entire suitcase full of candies and gifts, so much so that he was hardly able to fit any clothes, which he had planned on buying here. :) The kids were thrilled to have someone play and be wild with all day, every day.









My brother is a toothbrushing fanatic. Coming to think of it, half his suitcase was filled with fun toothbrushes and toothpaste, to offset the other half, which was candy. 




My brother bought the little kids who are still into dressing up some costumes.

 




We did school work during his first week here, but took the second week off to be free to do lots of fun outings. 






During my brother's visit, we went swimming pretty much every day. In fact, because he is a certified diver, he rented some SCUBA gear and showed our kids how to use it in our pool.



The little kids spent an entire morning painting and arranging these big shipping boxes into one big display.




 


Better watch out for these kids!



Of course, there was also lots of time for just "guy fun". My husband and brother hiked to the top of Camelback mountain several times, and also went to Thorbeck's, the oldest powerlifting gym in the US (I think? I don't even know what that means, ha!), as well as a fun family gym near us.







We took a trip to Globe, AZ where we visited some Indian ruins at Besh-be-Gowah, their botanical garden, as well as an old mining museum.










One of the big boys pretended to be touching a cactus, which Stephen immediately imitated, except that he left of the "pretend" part. Ouch! 

 













 The breeder-mobil, as I affectionately call my van. 

My mother-in-law happened to be visiting for a couple of days during the same time. This gave us an opportunity to leave all the kids in her care, while just us three adults (my husband, my brother, and myself) kayaked about 10 miles down the Salt River. I hadn't been in several years, and not in over a decade with my husband, so that was a huge treat. 




Ah, the wild horses along the river! We counted 52 in all, which is a lot more than we had ever seen before. 


On the last day before my brother had to leave, we took a day trip to Williams, AZ to see Bearizona. The drive is about 3 hours each way. 


 Getting ready for a day trip, large family style

 Stephen seriously wanted to be left at the petting zoo. He just had it in his head that this was his farm... :)




Watch out for Mama Bear!













On the drive home, we took the back route through Oak Creek Canyon and Sedona, which of course is breathtakingly beautiful during sunset. 



If you have read this post this far, you deserve a medal!!



12 comments:

  1. Great photos. Look like a good time was had by all. Your brother looks like a natural with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post! I'm glad you all enjoyed yourselves,wish my immediate family was this adventurous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brother seems like such a great Uncle! What memories you all will have. I'm sure it was hard to say goodbye and I hope it won't be so long between visits for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so sweet. I love that you guys are so family oriented. So many parents want to drop the kids off somewhere to spend time just mom and dad....but ya know they are a part of mom and dad. No one will ever love our kids as much as we parents do and having them be apart of everything that we can is such a powerful message to send them. Looks like you guys had a total ball!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awee looks like y'all had a great visit! Love to see y'all smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks and sounds like you all had a wonderful time! Did your brother come from Europe?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your brother is seriously awesome! Loved all the pictures of your adventures. And we'll have to check out Globe - as usual, I had no idea there was even anything out there!! :)

    Your beautiful children get taller with each set of pictures you post! :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you guys had so much fun! What a blessing to have your brother there and for the time you were able to spend together. Zsuzsa, you are looking great! Momma of 8? No way! You could've fooled me. ;) Great way to end the Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad your kids have a wonderful uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy for you that your brother got to come for a visit! Looks like you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No medal needed. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.