Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Birthday Tea Party

Last Wednesday, I turned 36 years old. Many sweet friends and relatives wrote me cards, sent gifts, left messages, and otherwise made my day special, all of which I am ***so*** thankful for. The kids made me different gifts - I had specifically asked them not to buy anything, because I absolutely love seeing what they come up with. 

On my birthday, my husband treated the whole family to breakfast at Panera Bread, which has just recently come to Arizona. Until now, I could only enjoy their food on trips to California, so this was a special treat. Then, we took a trip up to the Mogollon Rim a couple of hours northeast of here, to scope out a possible camp location for our church camp this fall. 

The day before my birthday, the girls put on a tea party for them and me, since they knew we were leaving early in the morning on my actual birthday. We had strawberry scones and tea (the latter of which involved lots of cream and sugar cubes). It was so lovely! We all thought we should have tea for breakfast at least once a month from now on. 


 Little flour handprints on my top - classy! :)





 
This cute little guy joined us, and we certainly didn't have the heart to tell him no.



Many, many thanks to everyone who made my birthday so lovely and special. It really means a lot to me!



8 comments:

  1. Many happy birthday blessings to a wonderful lady! My kids love tea. I turned the same age recently, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!! You and the girls look just lovely! :)
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest birthday!!! You are blessed!! The kids are beautiful and have grown soooo much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, happy birthday first of all. I have looked at your blog and I don't think I saw anything on prenatal vitamins. I'm 6 weeks pregnant and wanted to know your opinion on it. Do you recommend a certain brand ?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy late Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable! Your kids are so sweet. Happy Belated Birthday Mrs Anderson! :)

    - Angi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You might enjoy this:
    A Nice Cup of Tea by George Orwell
    http://www.booksatoz.com/witsend/tea/orwell.htm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait, your husband is younger than you? - - kinda weird.

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.