Thursday, March 13, 2014

Renaissance Festival, and other fun stuff

Earlier this month, our family went to one of the "student days" offered at the local Renaissance Festival. It was a beautiful day, and much more enjoyable than the time we went on a weekend open to the public. 






Since the tickets were bought several weeks ago, this did not violate my "zero spending" policy for March. I packed a generous sack lunch for everyone, and we resisted the temptation to give in and buy any of the goodies there - even when the chocolate-dipped fruit went half price at the end of the day! 

The kids wanted to do the bungee cord / trampoline thing, and had brought their own money to pay for it.


Isaac doing a back flip

Isaac, who is Anna's "buddy", surprised her with a wooden sword he had bought out of his own money. She loves sword fighting with him, but she didn't have her own sword. These two crack me up - Isaac is absolutely wonderful about taking care of her, and she simply adores him. Her favorite thing is when he lies down in bed next to her for a couple of minutes when she takes a nap or goes to bed at night.




In spite of sun hats, we all got a little sunburned that day. As one would expect in early March, no? 

Of course, that also means that swimming season is starting. The pool is only about 70 degrees right now, so still a good 20 degrees too low for me to dip my toes into, but the kids are ready to go swimming every day (something I am NOT yet ready for). On Saturday, after all the chores and laundry were done, they were more than eager to jump in!





Little man, busy with his tools.


Life is definitely never dull around here!


16 comments:

  1. Wow! That sounds neat! Next year we'll have to check out their student days - I didn't know they had any. We passed by their location yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have your pool fenced in separately so the littles can still play out there and you don't have to worry about them falling in. Great idea!! Also, where I am I can not imagine swimming right now. We still have snow on the ground!!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were at student days also! Our kids thought that the first day over 85 should include water play. Chalk it up to spring fever. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you feed your chickens organic feed? If so, where do you buy it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I order it through Azure Standard, they have many wonderful options for chicken feed.

      Delete
    2. If you don't mind my asking, how much do you pay? I live in Tempe and am always looking for a good deal.

      Delete
    3. They have a lot of different options for feed, here is a link to them:

      https://www.azurestandard.com/shop/search?q=feed&submit=

      Our chickens love the "poultry kamut scratch" and the corn free, soy free "scratch and peck" feeds the best. Sometimes, to mix things up, I get the "cascade layer feed", some chicken wheat or hulled barley, or make my own mix. Seems that just like humans, chickens get tired of eating the same stuff all the time.

      Azure has several drop points in Tempe now, I am sure there is one near you.

      Delete
  5. Have you thought about publishing more of your year long menu plans???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have thought about it. Sadly, however, I lost much of my files a few years ago, when my laptop at that time died, and I didn't have backup copies anywhere else.

      While I myself still have the printouts from those files, I would have to enter everything on the computer again for an electronic file, something I have not had the time to do. :(

      Delete
  6. I wanted to know if I sent a package to your church who would be the one to RECIEVE it?? Just a gift but want to make sure you or your husband get it. Or is there a address that you recommend like po box or something ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, anything mailed to the church address, packages included, is received by my husband or myself.

      Delete
    2. How can I get a piano course book set by pastor Anderson? My husband won't let me buy anything that I have to give info on Internet. Can I send a check for the books and you send them to me?

      Delete
    3. Yes, you could send a check to the church address. Just make sure to include a note (on the check or in a letter) that it is for the piano books. Please don't forget to include your shipping address.

      Delete
  7. Ok thank you for letting me know we will be sending something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you tell me how the theif on the cross would be with Jesus that day if Jesus went to hell first and did not go to heaven tell 3 days later? People keep telling me that paridise was next to hell at one time and I do see how that is possible it does not say that when I read the bible

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a wounderful role model thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.