Thursday, October 10, 2013

Google doesn't like me

My apologies for the long blogging absence. Life is just so busy around here, that as much as I would like to have more time to chronicle it all, there's just always so much going on, and so little time to write about it. 

Did you like my short stint of daily blogging in late August? I had temporarily enabled AdSense on my blog, seeing if it was worth it. It would have been a nice source of some extra fun money. I was averaging about $10 per day, which lasted a whole FIVE days before Google decided they didn't like me:
 Hi Zsuzsanna,

Your site contains content that is not compliant with our content policies, so ad serving has been disabled. Please review our content policies for more information.

Here's an example URL where noncompliant content exists. This is only an example, and there may be others elsewhere.

Sincerely,

Chris
Google AdSense
 
Never one to pass up a great teaching moment, I responded the following:

Hi Chris,
 
You did not include an example URL. Should I understand that to mean you were unable to provide one?
 
Frankly, I find this decision ridiculous. My blog gets lots of traffic every day from people of all walks of life. It is, predominantly, a "mommy blog" with recipes, homeschool advice, family updates, and the usual. Obviously, one of my haters must have filed a complaint with you. It is funny that in an effort to promote freedom of speech, you wish to squelch it. Freedom of expression does not mean one may only express popular beliefs. I must not be the only one with the opinions expressed on my blog, or it would not be as popular as it is. In fact, I would like for you to find any sentiment expressed anywhere on my blog that has not been shared by the majority of people, around the world, for thousands of years. It is not me or my site that is offensive, it is your policy and our strange society.
 
Sincerely,
Zsuzsanna Anderson
 
Anyhow, not surprisingly, "Chris" (whose real name may well be Ravinder) didn't see my point. So without my little AdSense mad money, it looks like I will never get those all-weather floor mats for my new van. I will admit, it did put a damper on my blogging enthusiasm. 

Just kidding - it's just been busy around here. I even went so far as to de-activate my personal Facebook account two months ago, as it was proving to be a constant source of distraction as we were getting ready to start school again. My plan was to be back on it once we got into the swing of things, and maybe I will, but for now less internet time seems to be the way to go for me. Someone told me that every reason I gave for leaving Facebook (which pretty much all revolved around having more time for my family) was a selfish one. I was taken aback by that accusation so much, I decided to not go back on, just to spite them. I do still have my public page, where I tend to post a bit more often than here on the blog.

Even so, I shall try to be a more reliable blogger. I am always disappointed when I go to a blog I like, and there is no new content. I have all sorts of new recipes and kitchen adventures to share, plus photos of Solomon's birthday, our new cat, fall break, and many other fun times.

So stay tuned, and thank you for your patience. 

13 comments:

  1. Ahhh Google, a fearless promoter of love, tolerance and freedom of speech..........unless of course, you happen to be a God-fearing, Bible-believing Christian, and then it's a race to hate and shut you up, as fast as possible! Anyways, I'm sure it's quite a compliment to you and your blog that Google doesn't like it! ;)

    I LOVE it when you update, and am looking forward to some new posts, even though I'm VERY slack at posting myself these days. I must also admit to missing you on Facebook, but I am amazed that anyone would call your move "selfish". Hope all is well in the Anderson family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's also possible it had nothing to do with your beliefs - maybe you used a picture against copyright, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I´ve been reading your blog for more than 3 years and you´re almost the only blog in the whole world that I regularly check out. I just wish you had more time to write, especially the controversial stuff. But I also find it incredible that you manage to do everything you do, it´s been inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few years ago I had something similar. Not much going on on my blog...but no adsense worthy. I think that is best anyhow.

    I do confess btw, that I do like to see blogs I enjoy updated, yet I understand that life in real time is far more important than bloggity updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe they would do that! There's nothing wrong with your blog. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't matter how popular you perceive your beliefs to be, if they're against the T&C of the service, then you're going to have repercussions.

    It's the same as driving laws. You got your license and agreed to abide by the conditions outlined by road laws. It doesn't matter how daft the law may be, or how many others agree with you, you can't just do your own thing without having whoever is 'in charge' telling you to stop or applying penalties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish they'd been able to provide an example...if it was just one photo or one post they were opposed to, it might have been worth taking down in order to keep your adsense working. Some of your content is controversial, of course, but I've seen much, much worse in other corners of the Internet. I very rarely agree with you politically or religiously but choose to follow you because of your wonderful homemaking and organizational skills.

    I took a break from Facebook. It was very refreshing, and when I returned, I was very careful not to let it become a time-waster, but a way to keep up with far-flung family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why would you need all weather floor mats in AZ lol! Really??? Poor thing, you get a really nice van that most large family's could never afford and you won't get all weather floor mats. So sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could it be because you belong to a "church " that has been labeled a hate group and some of your blog content could be seen as hateful as well?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't understand why you felt a need to point out that Chris' real name "may be Ravinder."

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the policy you're violating: "Google ads aren't permitted on sites that contain harassing or bullying content, or on content that incites hatred or promotes violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity. Additionally, Google ads may not appear on content that incites or advocates for harm against an individual or group."

    And here are some examples from your blog:
    http://stevenandersonfamily.blogspot.com/2008/06/sodomites-visit-saddleback-in-honor-of_16.html
    http://stevenandersonfamily.blogspot.com/2008/09/another-fag-using-ivf-to-have-baby_24.html
    http://stevenandersonfamily.blogspot.com/2013/01/bwahahahaha.html
    http://stevenandersonfamily.blogspot.com/2010/04/homosexuals-brainwashing-our-children.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. As an Indian-American, I'm not sure why you felt the need to say that Chris' name "may well be Ravinder". Frankly, that's called stereotyping, and it's not very nice :( Please don't reduce the country that counts for a sixth of the world's population to an overtired and overused stereotype.

    Peace and love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Google was founded and is owned by Jews. They felt necessary ro make their motto "Don't be evil", because they felt it was necessary to have it reminded. They have since dropped it if they ever followed it, and are shoulders and head deep in the NWO agenda. Trust them as far as you can throw them.
    https://wikileaks.org/google-is-not-what-it-seems/

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.