Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wedding Bells

We had a wedding at our church this past Saturday. As he always does, my husband preached a short sermon related to marriage. I am sharing it here because I really liked it. This is the seventh wedding my husband has officiated in as many years of pastoring.

This is the second wedding that Solomon has played the piano part in. He was nervous and excited, but did great.


There is a delay when the ring bearer is supposed to be coming down the aisle. The little boy, for reasons known only to him, froze about half-way down the aisle and would not budge. The best man walked up to encourage him to go on, but when that didn't work, he simply threw him over his shoulder and carried him the rest of the way. It was pretty cute and funny in real life. Only four years old, and already dragged down the aisle!











 Every child's favorite part seemed to be the easily accessible spout of the punch bowl...



 
 We get the tables for the reception ready ahead of time, and just quickly transform the auditorium once the ceremony is over. 

 The table of the wedding party




 
 She got him... kinda, sort of, a little bit... :)

Weddings are so much fun! I saw a comment somewhere, along the lines of "There are three kinds of rings: the engagement ring, the wedding ring, and the suffering." Clearly, whoever came up with that is failing as a spouse. What an insulting thing to say when you are married, and if you are single - well, your attitude explains why! 

Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD. - Proverbs 18:22


8 comments:

  1. I said it in the video comments and I'm saying it again here : Solomon plays so well ! It is a very good thing that your family encourages musical activities, and I'm sure he must be training very often to play in such a pleasant way. Congratulations to the newly wed couple, and to him ! It was very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. He does practice every day, but it is of his own accord, because he enjoys playing the piano so much. Every time he plays this song at home, it makes me tear up, because I know all too soon it will be his wedding, or that of one of his siblings.

      Delete
  2. Solomon did an AWESOME job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solomon did a great job! Enjoyed the sermon too. The bride is beautiful and the cake is pretty too.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am excited to have found your blog via your profile, and will be poking around there in my spare time for tips and inspiration from a large family mom. Blessings to you all!

      Delete
  4. Good job to Solomon! Awesome! I didn't play for my first wedding till I was about five years older than he is. Though I only do one or so a year now, they're still my favorite part of being an organist/pianist!

    Congrats to the happy newlyweds! :)
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good job Solomon did! I loved the sermon. I listened to it the other day but didn't have time to comment. It brought tears to my eyes. So happy for the couple.
    Karen E

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.