Monday, February 25, 2013

Salad and Go

For my local readers:

A new, healthy drive-thru option is opening their doors in just a few days on Thursday, February 28th, in Gilbert.



Salad and Go is a gourmet salad drive-thru featuring made-to-order salads and wraps using local, natural and organic ingredients.





Check out their Facebook page for more info, and to read reviews, such as this one by the Arizona Republic. 








And as if all that were not enough, Salad and Go also features organic non-fat frozen yogurt milkshakes. You can choose from vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, coffee, or orange creamsicle.





While eating at home is still the healthiest and most economical of all options, this is a great alternative to fall back on occasionally. Our family is happy to add Salad to Go to the handful of select restaurants we will eat out at. In fact, in a show of our support, we will have lunch there this Thursday since the kids' piano lessons are in that part of town. 

If you go, please tell them I sent you! :) 

Please note: I am in no way associated with the restaurant, or the owners of it. Nor do I get any "kickbacks" from promoting them here on my blog. I did so because I feel strongly about supporting local small businesses - especially those who sell good food. :)




2 comments:

  1. That place looks awesome, wish we had one around where we live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks fantastic! I wish we had one in my area. I hope this is where fast food is headed and that there will be more quick, healthy convenience food options in the near future. I agree that home cooking is best, but sometimes it's nice to have an easier option.

    Let us know how after you've tried it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.