Sunday, December 23, 2012

Smile with me

There are a million things I should be doing right now, including feeding the family dinner. But I put it all on hold to share these sweet photos with you all.

Can you guess who is in here?


Yes, that's right! :)





The doll bed belongs to the girls, and Miriam came up with the idea of rolling baby Stephen around the house in.


 He plays along nicely, and smiles at all her doting attention.



Yesterday, the girls decided to change the mobile out for a (non-breakable) Christmas tree ornament.
 




Some people worry that with a large family, the children are not getting the attention they need. I find quite the opposite is true. They may not have my undivided attention all day long, but there is always a sibling to dote on, play with, or love on.

Lots of smiles around here! :)

8 comments:

  1. Sooo cute!! I love how little sisters treat the baby in the family like a doll baby. My daughter does the same thing and it is precious!

    Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family, Zsusanna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO RIGHT about that! It seems my 4th baby is being kissed and played with every moment she is awake. One of the greatest gifts I can give my children is each other. Yesterday the great granddaughter of my neighbor came over to bring my children some little Christmas treats. She grew up in a Christian no-t.v, homeschooling large family and I asked her what the best part of it all growing up was and right away her eyes lit up and said "We always had someone to play with, it was SO much fun!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable, that is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Some people worry that with a large family, the children are not getting the attention they need. I find quite the opposite is true"

    I so agree with you! My 6th is in danger of becoming very spoiled because someone is always ready to drop whatever they are doing and give her anything she wants. I have actually had to put the brakes on it and my older ones are appalled; "But Moooommmmm, she's crying!"

    That baby (she's 3) thinks the world revolves around her and will be in a world of trouble someday if I don't put a stop to it!

    Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful family!

    in His peace,
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pictures, your girls are soooo pretty. Some people think that just because you have values and you raise your children properly, they just stand lined up the whole day like children in North Korea or something. People can't imagine that happiness and proper childraising can actually be combined, lol. Oh, as to your present, the barks looked better than expensive handmade branded barks, and those spa soaps look very inviting. Lavender and eucalyptus, sounds lovely. I love both of them. Yes, sky is the limit with the oils and scents. I suggest lemon grass and orange peel too. MMMM. Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice that they have a real baby to play with.

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.