Monday, November 26, 2012

Winter in the Desert

It's getting to be colder around these parts. And that can only mean one thing...


... footed baby sleepers! I love bundling Stephen up like a cuddly little teddy bear. Babies are so squeezable!


We might even need to break out the cute hats!



Of course, colder than 115 F can still be pretty warm. Especially now that I spent a day and a half switching all the kids' clothes from summer to winter. Or what we call "winter" - just yesterday, we got up into the high 80s again.



Simple truths to living in our climate: if I run the sprinklers, it will rain, and if I put away the shorts and T-shirts, we get another heat wave.


 Yes, that was in November.


And we might have to dress baby in nothing but a onesie to keep him cool enough.



Time flies - kiss your sweet babies!

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, Zsuzsanna, you've got a shop in your living room! I would have the opposite problem of the reader I answered the other day regarding dressing modestly in cool weather--I don't know how on earth I could go on day after day in the heat and still look modest--and not have sweat everywhere! But we humans manage to bloom where we are planted.
    And I love the little footsies too! My sister-in-law just had a baby boy and he is almost the epitome of cuteness--behind mine, of course, of although I suspect that I'd have some challengers in that!

    May God bless you, Dad, and the seven,

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny post! I have to say, you really must get acclimated according to where you live! I am in western Washington, where we have very mild weather year-round. We rarely get temps in the 80's during the summer, yet we hardly ever see snow in the winter, either. (Not to mention the rain - we can pick out the tourists because they're the only ones using umbrellas!) We never put our shorts and t-shirts away! They are "wearable" year-round, though people who transplant here from the south think it's brutally cold ALL the time, and people from the North East coast think we're wimps! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.