Friday, October 12, 2012

Camping, my style

Camping would totally be my thing, if it were not for the lack of indoor plumbing, temperature control, and a zillion other reasons.  Just something about always having two little ones in diapers makes me truly appreciate being able to wash my hands in running water any time day or night. In other words, my favorite place to sleep is my own bed.

My family, of course, is another story. They all LOVE camping. 

So last month, we struck this compromise - indoor camping on my bedroom floor.


It was a bit cramped, but that's part of the fun.






Needless to say, the kids had a blast. We even followed it up with a camp-out worthy breakfast the next morning.



While this would be enough camping to last me for a while, we did actually go on a "real" camping trip just last week. More on that in another post.

2 comments:

  1. COOL! What a fun idea!

    I also HATE camping..the last time I attempted it, I was expecting. I gave up at 1am and took myself, and my aching hips back into the house!

    Looking forward to reading about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. I've got to say that you have a lovely family and adorable children. I'm probably not much like your average reader and it looks like we have a lot of differing opinions, and I didn't want to cause any conflict, so this seemed like the most appropriate post for me to comment on. :)

    My dad did the 'indoor camping' thing with us once, complete with pancakes for breakfast and toasted marshmallows at the fireplace, and it was a blast (looks like your kids would agree). Regardless of our differences I do want to compliment you--you seem like a caring and fun mum. I wish you and your family all the best.

    Also, your list of things to do instead of watching TV is great, I'll have to remember it.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.