Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My little helper

Miriam is such a sweet big sister.  The other day, Stephen woke up while I was in the middle of cooking. Over my shoulder, I called for her to go sit on the bed with him and entertain him until I could get there.

A couple of minutes later, I turned around to see this:




Me: "Uh, thank you, honey, but you're not supposed to carry the baby."

Miriam: "I already changed his diaper for you!"


Me: "You changed his diaper? All by yourself?"

Miriam: "Yes! Then I noticed his shirt was a little wet, so I changed that, too."

Me: "You changed Stephen's shirt??"

Miriam: "Yes, the shirt he was wearing was a little wet where the diaper leaked. But I'm sorry, I had to put a disposable diaper on him, because I don't know how to do the fabric ones."


Me: "So you changed his diaper, took off his wet shirt, and put a fresh onesie on him. Did he cry at all while you were doing all this???"

Miriam: "Nooooo! He just whimpered a little when I pulled one of his arms out, but then he got happy again. I'm really good with babies, you know!"


Yes, sweetheart, yes you are! :)
I am sharing this last photo because I think it is extra precious, stains on the upholstery notwithstanding. I bought new cushions for my glider last week, because the old ones have had it after four babies.

16 comments:

  1. Awww what a sweetie!

    I don't think my toddler will be quite so helpful this time around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy and I "ooohed and awwwed" all through this post! How sweet of Miriam to care for her baby brother all by herself, she did a good job too! :)

    The last photo is precious, definitely one to be framed and hung I think! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm really good with babies, you know!"

    That comment is so cute. She's saying "Mom, I've got this. It's all okay."

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful initiative!
    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww...you are doing a great job training them to be little mommies! :) Miriam is such a sweetheart. You are blessed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just so dear and sweet! you are now starting to see more of the fruit of your labors. that has been one of the sweetest blessings of homeschooling for our family. it makes me smile to see this happening for you. blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That has got to be one of the cutest stories I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so sweet! Isn't funny how your 'haters' will say you have such sweet, well behaved, caring children but your methods for raising them are all wrong? lol Keep on showing the labors of your "hate-filled" parenting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! Such cute little kids and babies you have.

    Off topic... What vitamins do you take or anything special you do to have the energy you do? You seem to do a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet! I can't wait to have one....or ten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness. SOOOOOO sweet. Children are precious!!!! You are doing a good job Zsuzsa!!!!

    Love,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for the kind comments. I read them to Miriam and she was thrilled!

    anon, you can read about what vitamins I take here: http://stevenandersonfamily.blogspot.com/2011/12/all-i-eat-is-vitamins.html

    The only difference is that I have switched to Green Pasture fermented cod liver/ raw butter oil capsules. But the New Chapter ones are great, too.

    http://www.greenpasture.org/public/Products/ButterCodLiverBlend/index.cfm

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I can't believe she did that all by herself , she is going to be a good mommy someday . Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  14. And this is why I want to have children! I've been reading your blog for a while now and this is the first time I'm commenting. I literally melted when I saw this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, Miriam is finding one of her many God-given gifts! (And don't worry about the stains, we understand you've had one or two little ones!) What a precious memory and precious pictures, thank you for sharing them with us!

    God bless you, Dad, and the seven,

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.