This is a great side dish any time of day, but I love to eat it with some toast and eggs for breakfast. Getting leafy greens first thing in the morning seems to give me that much needed energy boost for the day, and it's a nice change of pace from green smoothies.
1 bunch chard, kale, or spinach
2 tomatoes (optional)
2 garlic cloves
1. If using chard or kale, tear the leaves off the stems in large chunks. Discard stems, use them for compost, or feed them to your chickens if you have any. Wash and spin greens in salad spinner.
2. Set a large skillet over medium heat.
3. While skillet it heating, peal and mince garlic cloves, and cut tomatoes into large chunks.
4. When skillet is hot, add about 2 tbsp olive oil, and minced garlic.
5. Sautee garlic briefly, maybe 30 seconds.
6. Add greens, and cook briefly, until slightly wilted.
7. Add tomatoes and continue to cook until they become slightly tender, maybe another minute or two.
8. Remove skillet from heat, salt and pepper to taste. Done! Enjoy!