- I don't think I have mentioned it on the blog yet, but Anna is walking now. She started about 2 or 3 weeks ago, going from not walking at all without holding on, to walking clear across the room. Still, up until last week, she would only walk at home, as long as her Dad was not in sight. If he could see her at all, she would drop to her bottom, scoot to him, stretch out her little arms and beg "Uh! Uh! Uh!" until he would pick her up and carry her around with him. Just this week, she has decided that getting around quickly on two legs was worth the gamble of her Dad maybe carrying her less, and she now freely walks everywhere. It is so cute to watch her toddle along, still a little stiff-legged. Anna LOVES to play out in the front yard. She is like a puppy, waiting by the front door all day for someone to open it, so she can immediately tumble out and take off. I tried taking a video of her yesterday, but my camera that takes them is not working right, so it'll have to wait.
- Miriam and Becky started a gym class for little kids this year, and have been enjoying it a lot. At first they were shy, but that lasted for about 10 minutes. Having daughters is a very special blessing. I love watching them grow into little ladies.
- Many of you have asked about Jessica, and written to tell me how much you miss her blog. I have good news for you: she has agreed to write a guest post here on my blog to give us all an update on the family!
- Somehow or other, I have managed to hurt my right wrist (I think I slept on it wrong). I tend to get tendinitis in that hand toward the very end of my pregnancies (a common hormonal issue), but have never had it this early. Please pray that it will resolve quickly and completely, as it really is rather troublesome right now.
- Again, for those of you who have asked, I am still working on the cookbook/menu plan I mentioned a few months back. In fact, with as much time as I have had to spend laying still on the sofa, I have made some serious progress! I am just so excited to get this done for myself, because it will save me hours of planning in the future. My hope is to be done with it in a few more weeks (famous last words...).
And with that, naptime is over and my duties are calling. I am making one of the kids' favorite German dinners tonight, and after that am going to drive to the north side of Phoenix and pick up the quarter of beef we ordered from a ranch. Nothing big or exciting going on, but I have really come to appreciate having uneventful, everyday-type days. Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your families!