Friday, January 13, 2012

This-n-That

  • I don't think I have mentioned it on the blog yet, but Anna is walking now. She started about 2 or 3 weeks ago, going from not walking at all without holding on, to walking clear across the room. Still, up until last week, she would only walk at home, as long as her Dad was not in sight. If he could see her at all, she would drop to her bottom, scoot to him, stretch out her little arms and beg "Uh! Uh! Uh!" until he would pick her up and carry her around with him. Just this week, she has decided that getting around quickly on two legs was worth the gamble of her Dad maybe carrying her less, and she now freely walks everywhere. It is so cute to watch her toddle along, still a little stiff-legged. Anna LOVES to play out in the front yard. She is like a puppy, waiting by the front door all day for someone to open it, so she can immediately tumble out and take off. I tried taking a video of her yesterday, but my camera that takes them is not working right, so it'll have to wait.


  • Miriam and Becky started a gym class for little kids this year, and have been enjoying it a lot. At first they were shy, but that lasted for about 10 minutes. Having daughters is a very special blessing. I love watching them grow into little ladies.
  • Many of you have asked about Jessica, and written to tell me how much you miss her blog. I have good news for you: she has agreed to write a guest post here on my blog to give us all an update on the family! 
  • Somehow or other, I have managed to hurt my right wrist (I think I slept on it wrong). I tend to get tendinitis in that hand toward the very end of my pregnancies (a common hormonal issue), but have never had it this early. Please pray that it will resolve quickly and completely, as it really is rather troublesome right now. 
  • Again, for those of you who have asked, I am still working on the cookbook/menu plan I mentioned a few months back. In fact, with as much time as I have had to spend laying still on the sofa, I have made some serious progress! I am just so excited to get this done for myself, because it will save me hours of planning in the future. My hope is to be done with it in a few more weeks (famous last words...).
And with that, naptime is over and my duties are calling. I am making one of the kids' favorite German dinners tonight, and after that am going to drive to the north side of Phoenix and pick up the quarter of beef we ordered from a ranch. Nothing big or exciting going on, but I have really come to appreciate having uneventful, everyday-type days. Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your families!

15 comments:

  1. I'm going to share this with you, since you've shared so much good information with me. I found out that microbreweries will give their mash to people for free and it makes for perfect meat chicken food. It is 30 percent protein. We are picking some up this week and trying it with our layers. If this works out, I might be able to raise meat chickens FOR FREE! Happy dance!!!! I'll let you know! I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I wonder if that's what I've done to my right wrist these past few days! I've hurt it more and more (accidentally) for the past three days, and it's been puzzling me. Maybe it's a pregnancy thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that you have so many that are just plain rude. I love to read about your family and your daily life. I may not agree with something, but that is no reason to tell you about it. People need to remember that unless they personally know you, they should apply the golden rule. And then if they did, they should go to you personally, then with a witness. But I don't think it's needed in the first place. I don't ever comment, but I do want you to know you are a blessing to me, but what's more important, to your family. God bless you and your family. May the Lord put a hedge of protection around you. Leah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to Jessica's post.

    I agree with Anon, this is your blog, your corner of the Internet and you should do, post, publish whatever you want. I do admire that you stand up for free-speech.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna must be so cute walking around ! What a lovely child she is.

    (By the way, I find your decision to delete rude comments very wise. This is your blog, it's not public space : you have every right to do so and it has nothing to do with freedom of speech)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo...way to go Anna! Scary how fast they move from babyhood to toddlerhood! I do hope Meg starts soon, as she gets so frustrated sometimes. She can stand alone and cruise the furniture, but will NOT take even one step unaided!

    I'm also so glad that Jessica agreed to guest post! I SO miss her blog! Can't wait to hear, what has being happening for their family!

    Oh, and I thought I'd mention that my order came from "Ribbon Retreat", just yesterday! I love learning new skills...thank you again for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, So excited about Jessica's guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This-n-That Responses:

    I can't wait to see the video of Anna toddling.

    Glad to hear Jessica will write a post.

    Hope your wrist gets better.

    Other Sally

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with the others above. It's your blog and you're entitled to anything you have to say, even if I do vehemently disagree with about half of what you post. I don't comment often, and I have never attacked anyone (although I've been attacked by some of your friends via FB after posting an opinion different from yours - thus why I removed myself from your list there.) Either way, still love to read your blog and see posts about the kids and food!

    ReplyDelete
  10. :) I am happy to do it! I am sorry the comments are so awful. I think you are doing a wonderful job as a wife, mother and child of God. Thank you for your honesty, example and for sharing your precious family.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pregnant women tend to get carpal tunnel syndrome, it can start at any time during pregnancy and goes away after delivery. I believe it's Vit B6 that can help, otherwise try icing. It tends to be worse at night.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy to hear that Jessica will be writing a guest post. I have missed her blog. It will be nice to get an update on her beautiful family.
    How old is Anna?? My nephew is 9 months and seems to be interested in walking already...it is really early for him, especially being a boy. When did your boys begin to walk? Just curious....

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is funny that Anna wouldn't walk in front of her dad , Leah is still crawling , I cant wait for jessica to post I really miss her blog , hope your wrist gets better !

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait until the video camera catches Anna on the move! When you bring sweets you have to share them with the class!

    My video camera seems to be the same way, particularly if there's something I want to catch in particular--maybe a hormonal thing? haha ;)

    Andrea--Anna just turned the big numero uno.

    I pray your wrist feels better, it's terrible to have ones' dominant hand/wrist out of service.

    God bless you, Dad, and the seven,

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how I miss Jessicas blog. I miss some other closed blogs too. So much for tolerance. I really thought the modern woman had evolved ?

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.