Thursday, December 8, 2011

Anna turns 1

Our sweet little Christmas baby is turning one today. Wow, time flies too fast! Of course, the birthday started out great for me, who got to wake up with the little sweetie snuggled by my side cooing and smiling. 





 Since we had cupcakes after church last night in honor of Anna's birthday, I decorated everything with a "cupcake" theme and made a giant cupcake for her birthday cake. I even found this adorable birthday dress with a cupcake and a number 1 on it.




Today, we opened a few presents, had leftover cake for breakfast, and are just taking it easy all day. We might go to the zoo if the older kids ever manage to get ready - this cold spell is making them move like molasses in the mornings.





Some random facts about Anna:

- She does not yet walk, but she knows how to stand without holding on.
- While she nurses, she always has to clutch my free hand with her two little pudgy hands, which leaves me with little else to do besides looking at her the whole time.
- Her favorite game to play with Daddy is when he goes through the animal sounds with her.
- If Solomon or Isaac walk by, she will cry for them to pick her up, even if I am holding her. She definitely loves all her older siblings.
- She loves our second, smaller dog, Lucy. She will even let Lucy lick her face and run around her in circles just for a chance to be near the dog. Of course, "dog" is one of the words she can say very clearly.
- Her favorite drink is milk; she can guzzle a whole cup down in no time. 
- She is very petite - short and chunky.
- Anytime I call her, she immediately comes over to me. 
- She has a special way of crawling on tile, by scooting while sitting on her bottom, which is safer than crawling up on her hands and knees as she does on carpet or other soft surfaces (face plants on tile are NOT forgiving).
- She has a very sweet and mellow disposition, and loves cuddling.


Happy Birthday, little Anna! 

17 comments:

  1. What a cutie! Happy Birthday to Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Can't believe she is one already! What a cutie too...love all the pictures. :) Happy Birthday Anna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Anna! You look so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so precious! I'm sure it must be a paradize to live with her, and her siblings.
    Happy birthday to her, her dress is lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, she is so cute I could just cry looking at her. What an ANGEL!!

    And I love, love, love that dress. What a sweetie pie. Good job, mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I cannot believe that she is 1 already! I haven't had a chance to comment in a while, but I couldn't let the day go by without wishing Anna a happy first birthday. She seems like such a sweet and gentle soul - loving on her must be very easy indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful child! All your children are beautiful, but there is something very special about that little one. God bless her!!

    in His peace,
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh I wish my little one cuddled. Arwen dosen't cuddle. Ever. The closest I get to a cuddle is when she snuggles into my shoulder for a few seconds because she's being coy for a stranger! I'm not sure it counts as a cuddle if she's doing it to be cute for someone else (how did she even figure out that it is cute??)

    On the plus side, she is constantly giving me kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is a doll! They are so terrific at that age, it's just a really good age. Happy birthday Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to Anna! She is absolutely gorgeous and adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Sweet Little Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Happy Birthday" sweet Anna! Wow, the year has gone by so fast!

    She looks absolutely adorable in her birthday dress!

    abba12 ~ My baby girl does the "cute-pretend-shy cuddle" too! And just like you, I LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww Happy Birthday to ur little girl! :)
    sorry I didn't sent this a few days ago lol, I'm a little late :P
    Her hair is growing beautifully. :)
    My boy's is three weeks younger than her and he looks bald compared to her, lol.
    Can't wait for his birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow~ I really cannot believe she is ONE already!!! Amazing!
    She is sooooo Beautiful Zsuzsanna!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANNA!!!! You are too precious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is such a cutie , and that dress looks like it was made just for her , she looks like a little princess.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday little cutie!
    -Karen E

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.