Our sweet little Christmas baby is turning one today. Wow, time flies too fast! Of course, the birthday started out great for me, who got to wake up with the little sweetie snuggled by my side cooing and smiling.
Since we had cupcakes after church last night in honor of Anna's birthday, I decorated everything with a "cupcake" theme and made a giant cupcake for her birthday cake. I even found this adorable birthday dress with a cupcake and a number 1 on it.
Today, we opened a few presents, had leftover cake for breakfast, and are just taking it easy all day. We might go to the zoo if the older kids ever manage to get ready - this cold spell is making them move like molasses in the mornings.
Some random facts about Anna:
- She does not yet walk, but she knows how to stand without holding on.
- While she nurses, she always has to clutch my free hand with her two little pudgy hands, which leaves me with little else to do besides looking at her the whole time.
- Her favorite game to play with Daddy is when he goes through the animal sounds with her.
- If Solomon or Isaac walk by, she will cry for them to pick her up, even if I am holding her. She definitely loves all her older siblings.
- She loves our second, smaller dog, Lucy. She will even let Lucy lick her face and run around her in circles just for a chance to be near the dog. Of course, "dog" is one of the words she can say very clearly.
- Her favorite drink is milk; she can guzzle a whole cup down in no time.
- She is very petite - short and chunky.
- Anytime I call her, she immediately comes over to me.
- She has a special way of crawling on tile, by scooting while sitting on her bottom, which is safer than crawling up on her hands and knees as she does on carpet or other soft surfaces (face plants on tile are NOT forgiving).
- She has a very sweet and mellow disposition, and loves cuddling.
Happy Birthday, little Anna!