Saturday, July 16, 2011

Because we all need another reason to kiss our babies more

There is only one thing sweeter than a precious little baby.






A precious little baby covered in maple syrup!

 I'm gonna grab as much as I can possibly fit into my little fists to make sure nobody takes my food.

Oh, this is SO good!


Uh-oh, things are about to get really messy with those blueberries.

 See, I told you so.

Someone needs a bath! All that shiny glow is sticky maple syrup, with a bit of butter to boot.






I read this article last week and LOVED it. Because we all need another reason to kiss our babies more:
There is a very real health benefit for the baby who is kissed.


“When a mother kisses her baby, she ‘samples’ those pathogens that are on the baby’s face. Those are ones that the baby is about to ingest. These samples are taken up by the mother’s secondary lymphoid organs like the tonsils, and memory B cells specific for those pathogens are re-stimulated. These B cells then migrate to the mother’s breasts where they produce just those antibodies that the baby needs.” says Lauren Sompayrac, author of How The Immune System Works.

There you have it. God designed babies to be so incredibly irresistible for a reason. I cannot help but shower little Anna with literally hundreds of kisses every single day. She is just delicious!! There is a special bond I always have between me and a nursing baby. Once they are weaned and "independent", I still love them just as much, and I hug and kiss every one of the kids throughout the day and tell them I love them, but not nearly to the extent as I do with a little nursling. It seems that as long as they are nursing, there is an invisible bond that connects us extra tightly. Oh, I love baby breath, and squishy nursing cheeks, and sweaty rolls of fat on their multiple chins, and delicate little fingers reaching out for me, and soft baby feet with their tiny toes that have never yet walked on solid ground.

 And since I am already gushing about my precious little love, here is a video clip of her saying "mama". She started saying it about 6 weeks ago, but then temporarily forgot how to say it for the last couple of weeks. Just these last few days, she started saying it again.



I'm off to bed to snuggle my dear little dollie. What a blessing children truly are!!!

7 comments:

  1. I'm experiencing for the first time little baby kisses. My bub tries to copy me, but dosen't know to close her mouth, and sometimes while holding her I'll just find a mouth latched on to my cheek or chin lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has ALL the details worked out, huh? Wonderful! ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that is the cutest thing! She did do a good job!

    Children do bring such joy! I am glad for my sweet treasures also!

    Thank you for posting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, nope, nope. THIS one is my favorite. I know it's wrong but...I can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. abba12,

    open-mouth baby kisses are THE BEST!!!

    anon,

    it's alright to have favorites as long as they are not your own children! My favorite is whichever one I am looking at or talking to or thinking about at any given moment. They are all so different and yet so perfect in their own way.

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.