Monday, June 27, 2011

A different sort of water birth

Miriam came to me yesterday announcing that she thought she was having another baby, her fifth. She informed that she had already called the midwife.

A few minutes later, she came again, this time with the bumps under her shirt giving away the fact that she had stuffed a baby doll under it. She said the midwife was on her way, and that the baby was definitely coming that day. 

The next time Miriam came to me, she was beaming and holding a little doll in her arms - her new baby. I congratulated her, kissed the little baby, and asked her how the birth went. 

Miriam: "It was good. I had to use the Slip and Slide."

Me: "The Slip and Slide?"

Miriam: "Well, my birth tub is from 1928, when I had Elizabeth [her oldest "child"], and it had holes this big in it. So we had to use the Slip and Slide for the birth."

Miriam, Becky, and baby Elizabeth in the shopping cart, ready to go shopping in my pantry

17 comments:

  1. How cute! That would definitely be a new way to have a baby. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's about 100 different kinds of cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious!!! I could just squeeze her. Such a tall imagination she has.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is unbelievably precious! And wonderful that she is learning that birth doesn't need to take place in a hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's adorable.

    My 3 year old son keeps informing me that he's got a baby in his belly. Ironically it has the same name as the baby in my belly. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute , it made my day .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Kids are so funny - I love what comes out of their mouths. It's totally amazing how much they absorb what they see - she just totally assumes that births don't take place in hospitals and should use birth tubs. Which completely makes sense as she sees you do this.
    I also loved reading about your camping trip. We also go "camping" to a little cottage with amenities :-) But more power to you and your family for actually roughing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is hilarious! Gave me a a good chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwwww...how funny! This one definitely made me chuckle! Lovely photograph of your sweet daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super Cute! Love the sweet pics.
    Mary in TX

    ReplyDelete
  11. How long did it take you to stop laughing!?
    That's a smart little girl!
    I guess she thinks having babies is as fun as playing on the slip and slide.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow great imagination! and too too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so precious. My little Miriam was my first baby born at home. I also have a Rebekah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an imagination! I laughed out loud.

    The slip n slide!!! Could you imagine???!!??

    - Other Sally

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.