Friday, May 13, 2011

Hello? Is anybody home?

Wow, two whole posts in the last two weeks - I am such a terrific blogger! And it's not because I can't think of anything to write about; quite the opposite, actually.

This spring has just been so incredibly busy. I am still working on putting the finishing touches on the boys' room. I would so LOVE to show more pictures of the progress, but I am using great restraint and not showing any more until it is all finished. Maybe another week, and it will all be done? Who knows.

Earlier this week, we made a quick trip to Southern California. We met with my husband's brother and his family, and one of his cousins and his family, at Legoland. Three pairs of parents, 12 children, nine of which were 6 or under. It was a lot of fun. We got to visit with a lot of other relatives of my husband on this trip. There were children everywhere!!

Gardening and tending the chickens has been keeping me busy for another half hour to one hour each day. I am just so excited about my stuff not just growing, but THRIVING!! Seriously! We have one bed with flowers, everything else is vegetables: beans (4 kinds), tomatoes (3 kinds), peppers (3 kinds), kitchen herbs, watermelons, pumpkin, canteloupe, muskmelon, zucchini, cucumber, and corn. Really, it would be so nice to finally succeed at gardening in the desert. 

Tomorrow is our church's annual Mother's Day tea. Lucky me, I get to take THREE beautiful daughters there!!!

Anyway, I better go off to bed. Have a nice weekend everyone.

3 comments:

  1. I have been busy on the home school web sites looking at preschool books for our 4-year-old granddaughter. I recommended Christian Liberty Press for Preschool(about $50). Then I recommended CLP with Abeka(history,art,music,health,science) for kindergarten and first grade. We like the Rod and Staff readers(grades 1-4). I advised getting the Spectrum Test Prep Booklets at Seton Testing and ordering the test at Seton in April. To simplify- 4 web sites to start the home education journey as I am ending ours next month with our youngest child(18). Homeschooling since 1985 we have tried almost everything. I liked Landmark Freedom's Champion Phonics Reader to teach reading. Abeka's and CLP's Handbooks for Reading to teach reading were good as well-and they're each under $20. CLP uses Bob Jones's Writing and Grammar-and Modern Curriculum Press math. I learned much at keepersofthefaith.com and cut out some articles in their catalog for my daughter-in-law. My granddaughters have enjoyed the photos you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zsuzsanna, I can't wait to see how the boys room turned out! I bet it looks fantastic!

    Indeed you are a blessed mama, to be taking three precious daughters to your Mother's Day tea!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are so blessed to have such awesome parents! I'm an adult and I STILL want to go to Legoland someday! You all take the most awesome trips. I can't wait to do the same with our son and other future children when they are old enough to enjoy things like that. :D

    So much for that garbage about homeschooled children being deprived of all the fun things in life... lol.

    Btw, I missed your updates while you were gone. So glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.