Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter photos

Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead? - Acts 26:8 

Did you all have a nice Easter? For us, so far I think this has been the best year ever. Then again, I think that every year, because it just keeps getting better. Last year this time, we didn't yet have Annie - what was life even like without her??!? 

I hope you are ready for a bit of picture overload, because that's what this post is all about!! :)

We started the day bright and early at 6:30 ~ well, most of us did, anyway! I had prepared a little treasure hunt for each of the kids. Thankfully, after searching for well over a half hour last night, I at long last found the kids' presents. It was getting worrisome toward the end... but thankfully, they turned up. That was my own private little Easter basket hunt, I guess. The boys loved their drawing/activity books, and the girls were thrilled about the dresses. Miriam was so excited when I told her that little girls get a new dress every time for Easter that she wanted to know if another Easter was coming up soon.


We had a delicious breakfast. Sometime soon, I will have to share the recipe for the chocolate chip orange scones. They are a cinch to make, and oh so delicious!


Before we left for church, the kids of course had to pose for pictures. One thing I love about holidays is that it is such a great opportunity to get everyone lined up for family photos.



That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace: - Psalm 144:12 


 Do you like my six little organ pipes??!? God is so good!!!


Me and my absolutely wonderful, amazing, beautiful, precious daughters! We should all be so blessed!


The morning service was wonderful, as usual. My husband preached on Easter, and why and what about it we celebrate. Afterward, before heading home for the big holiday dinner, a sweet friend at church took pictures of us all.


Are you ready for my #1 most favorite picture of the day? It was snapped by my friend while I was busy "staging" everyone for a family photo (hey, you try getting eight people to all look reasonably good at the same time!). 


Isn't it so precious how they are just adoring their baby sister, entirely unsolicited? And Solomon has his arm around Isaac's shoulders? It is so wonderful to see our children love each other, and delight in new siblings as much as we parents do.


Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table. Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the LORD. - Psalm 128:3-4

There it is, at long last - a family photo with all of us in it! No, honey, this is NOT in lieu of going to the portrait studio! :)

After that, we headed home, and took a few more snapshots of sweet Annie. What a precious angel she is! Words will never describe how utterly in love her Dad and I are with her.



*** CAUTION ***
*** ABSOLUTELY CUTE OVERBITE ALERT! ***




These pictures make me want to kiss my computer screen, seriously! She is THAT cute!!!

We had our traditional German Easter lunch, which was loved by all. The kids love holidays because those are pretty much the only days of the year that they each get their own bottle of soda. Good stuff!



But you know the absolute best part of the day? Solomon, who is only 9 years old, won his first person to the Lord today! He has been out soulwinning with my husband or myself many, many times, so he knew all the verses to use very well. And you will never guess who it was - little J from down the street. Remember, the boy who supposedly was not ministered to properly by our children because Miriam told him public school is bad? He comes over to play pretty much daily, and the kids have shared the gospel with him several times before. I was so proud of Solomon!!! His Dad is taking him out for some gelato after soulwinning this afternoon to celebrate.

The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him. Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, and she that bare thee shall rejoice. - Proverbs 23:24-25
To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever. - Psalm 30:12

19 comments:

  1. LOVE the little dresses! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwe~ GREAT pictures and the dresses are the best!!! Yay! A family shot too!!! You are all beautiful. Tell Solomon what a sweet example he is at his young age. Melts my heart. What a sweet heart he is. So glad you had a blessed day. Indeed you are blessed.

    I tried commenting on your last post....good one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Zsuzanna, I'm proud of Solomon too!! I can imagine how wonderful it is for your husband and yourself to be able to share with your son the joy of knowing another soul is won for Christ! May this be the start of many more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos!Everyone looks great. So excited to hear Solomon won that little boy to the Lord! What an amazing child, and I can only imagine how he will be as an adult..do you think he will want to be a Pastor like his dad one day?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am rejoicing for little J. What an amazing Resurrection Sunday for your kids too, knowing that their friend is secure in Christ.

    Everything looked so wonderful: the treasure hunt, the meal (wow), the PICTURES, Solomon's first person led to Christ, the girls' dresses, the "pipe organ," and anything else I overlooked.

    The many Scriptures in this post warmed my heart.

    Your family is a blessing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is sooo exciting when you see fruit from the life of a little child. Jada led her first person to the Lord when she was 8 and she just glowed for weeks because of it! Proud of you Solomon!
    Beautiful Easter pictures, we need a new family picture, too!
    Did you buy the dresses somewhere... the nice thing is, at your girls ages you can still find SOME cute dresses out there...but when they hit 5 or 6+ (especially 11 years old) FORGET IT! That's why I am TRYING to learn how to sew. Loved all the pictures, you are so blessed indeed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. High 5 Solomon!!

    Your children are so lovely. Your Easter sounded very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful Easter holiday! So nice seeing a full family photograph...I know those can be very hard to get!

    YAY for Solomon and "little J"...you must be so proud of him!

    Great photographs Zsuzsanna! Your girls looked so beautiful in their new Easter dresses!

    Glad you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those dresses are so cute! It's great you could find matching ones for all 3 girls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dresses are so cute! Did you make them, or buy them? Either way, your daughters looked very pretty in them. Glad to hear you had a nice Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a blessing to serve the Lord as a family! Recently hear a preacher talk about how our children are arrows to reach people that we can't. That as Christian families we need to make straight arrows, so that they go the way that we shoot them. Like "train up a child in the way he should go...". It was such an encouraging message. So nice to see families making straight arrows.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, great photos! Adorable children! I am so glad you had a good Easter, ours was very great too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Solomon, you will have to write about it and tell us all about it on your page! I would love to read all about it.

    The 'Pipe Organ' photograph reminded me of the Von Trapps! What really strikes me, however, is the smiles are genuine in all your photographs.

    Anna is so sweet, but it's bittersweet to see how much she's grown from the first photographs of her. I see how much she's already beginning to resemble the other children.

    I'm so glad you had a joyful Easter and I hope all those who celebrate had a wonderful family time as well.

    God be With You,

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. How did J's parents react to him wanting to be a Christian?

    ReplyDelete
  15. The dresses are so cute!!! Nice job, solomon, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am curious about how little J's parents reacted to him becoming a Chrisitan. Could you possibly write a post on that? Are they Christian as well? Are you good friends with his parents?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great photos , Anna has such a cute smile , I can only imagine how proud you must be of solomon , what a great Easter .

    ReplyDelete
  18. AWW! Great pictures. Your family picture is beautiful as well...what a happy bunch you have there! :)

    Glad to hear you had a wonderful Easter/Resurrection Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have such a beautiful family! Anna is so incredibly cute. The more children I have, the more I realize what precious treasures they are.

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.