Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Busy!

Just popping in for a second to apologize for not posting, and for not responding to questions left in the comments. I am hoping to catch a breath sometime later tonight, or (more likely) later this week. Between taking care of the family, doing laundry (until midnight last night - but I got it ALL done!!), translating an article, and making the prizes for the felt food giveaway, this week is just slipping away much too fast! 

I have added a few new blogs to my blog roll on the right. Click over and check them out, and leave a nice comment while you are there. I know I am encouraged by reading other ladies' blogs, and have learned so much. I am really thankful for all of you who take the time to blog and let us "peek" into your life and learn from you.

Best news so far today: I got my camera's lens back from repair! It was covered by the warranty, and I can't believe that it went so fast! They had to send the lens off to Nikon, and yet, I got it back in a little over one week. Very happy indeed! Of course, who did I immediately have to capture on film before she adds another inch (or roll of baby fat) overnight? Anna, of course. She is one very sweet and easy baby - she just goes to sleep lying on the sofa like that, all the noise and chaos around her notwithstanding. Actually, I think she likes it, because she wakes up if it is too quiet. 



Johnny said something really funny about her today. He told me: "Mommy, Anna is really polite. Every time I start talking to her, she stops cooing." Three months old and well-mannered! Ha!

More later (I hope).

P.S. Dear friend (you know who you are), did you know that Moon Sand is listed as one of the top 10 passive aggressive presents for parents? I guess it's official - you really, secretly, hate me.

P.P.S. Dear other friend (you know who you are), did you notice that list also mentions stink bombs?

P.P.P.S. Dear all other friends, for the sake of my sanity, please refrain from giving the kids any of the other gifts suggested on that list. They will be majorly bummed, and I will be eternally grateful. Just kidding! I think...

15 comments:

  1. Too cute! Yes, I'm like that, too; I can't sleep with complete silence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet photograph of your sleeping beauty Anna! I am amazed at how fast she is growing!

    We also are flat-out busy at present! We try to enjoy the blessings that keep us on our toes so much, though sometimes it is nice to catch a breather!

    Hoping that you are able to slow down and rest some later this week!

    Thank you for including me on your blog roll Zsuzsanna! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Anna....
    You mentioned once that you would like to meet more families of similar convictions - and I see you added the Bates family on your blogroll. Have you ever considered attending one of the homeschool conferences described here: http://ati.iblp.org/ati/events/regionalconferences/ My last child is now out of high school so we won't be going this year (though if I could convince my husband, I would be there!) - but we attended this conference in Nashville for many years. The Duggars usually go to the one in TX, though they have been at others when they were speakers. I am not sure which one the Bates go to. They are closer to TN, but may do Big Sandy - though they have been speakers also. You do not have to join ATI to go, guests are welcome and that is how we went on our first conference, just as guests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone who is cruel enough to a parent as to give a child Moon Sand should have his front yard decorated with 1000 plastic forks in a checkerboard pattern as repayment.

    The stuff is evil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been passed down many toys from friends that later I say, "Yeeeah, now I see why you wanted to get rid of them." Noisy hand clappers? Puzzles with tons of little pieces? ha. Thanks for adding me on your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little girl! Congrats on getting all the laundry done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anna! My name is Doris. My husband was veiwing one of your husbands sermons online and looked him up on facebook and I saw you had a facebook and a blog. So I stopped by your blog to read a few posts by you. You are a very sweet women and wonderful mother. I enjoy your blog very much and am gonna stop by here regularly to see up dates of your beautiful family. I have ablog of my own if you would like to stop by thereyourself you are more than welcome! God bless and talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, one of my friends is pregnant with her first, so I may just have to tease her with the list a little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, Zsuzsanna, she is so sweet. Absolutely adorable baby girl you have there ;)

    Blessings,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hungry, Hungry Hippos is the bane of life--and I don't even have a child yet.

    Who knew one game could warrant sending the men in white coats coming to pick me up. ;)

    God Bless,

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Also, do I detect a hint of red in Miss Anna's hair or is it just me that can see it? She is just delicious, I could eat her up.

    P.S. I know you've been busy, but I'm curious if you received the package I sent--if it isn't to your liking, no harm done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Does Anna have red hair?!?!? How cute...

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet little chunky baby! And yes, I too see red in her hair. All of your children are beautiful (and so are you)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all for the kind comments. Anna does have a slight red tinge in her hair. All the other kids did, too, but their hair came back in blond after they lost the baby fuzz. Anna has not lost her baby hair at all, and it is now growing longer, so maybe the color will stay? It's beautiful!

    fourkid, I don't know anything about ATI or their beliefs. If the convention were closer I'd probably like to go once just to meet the Duggars or the Bates in real life, but it's just too far to even entertain that thought.

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.