Friday, December 10, 2010

Oh the love

Thank you for all the congratulations, well-wishes, and prayers.


Just thought I'd post a few pictures of the little dumpling while I am sitting around on the sofa all day with her in my arms. What a special time this is! There is nothing like the touch and smell of a newborn baby. Her cheeks feel just like a little peach, so fuzzy and soft. Anna is our smallest baby yet ~ she is like a little doll. And her smell - oh, I always forget how wonderful and sweet the "new baby smell" is.



Since being born a little more than 48 hours ago, she has been held in someone's arms non-stop, as she should be. :) The kids keep close track of whose turn it is to hold her next, and who has not yet held her. Becky is funny - both yesterday morning and this morning when she woke up, she had forgotten all about the baby. Then she hears her squeal, and I can see the little wheels in her brain turning. Then her face lights up as she remembers about the baby and runs up to my bed. It is so cute!






 

My milk came in last night. Anna is a good nurser, and other than eating and sleeping, she has not been doing much else. My mother-in-law and my husband have been so helpful around the house and with the kids, there really is nothing left for me to do other than love on little Anna.

I still have to write up her birth story for those of you interested in it. The midwife came back for the 1-day visit yesterday, and brought Anna the most gorgeous bouquet of flowers (I got some really good chocolate). How sweet is that? We also measured her yesterday, she was 19 3/4 inches long.

15 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Becky holding the baby! haha! that is too cute :) Congrats again
    <3 Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear the birth story!

    I could just eat her up. She's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all start out looking just like Isaac!

    R.S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh she is so beautiful. Can't wait to hear all about her birth.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, that picture of Becky holding her is precious!!! Beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to her her birth story, she is just too adorable! I'm so happy for all of you and glad to hear you're getting to take it easy. You look great by the way- new mommy glow! Congratulations again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is precious. They do smell delicious and the love you feel for them is the best feeling ever. There is nothing better. I know exactly how you feel. I still cant stop staring at Hannah and just am so thankful to the Lord for her. Glad you are resting.


    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

    As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

    Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate."

    Psalm 127:3-5

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how sweet and amazing this is!! Isn't God wonderful?! And how lucky you are to be blessed with such a little angel :) seeing your pictures really warmed my heart and put some sunshine in my day! Thank you for sharing and God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh she is so sweet! Just lovely! Thank you for sharing. I hadn't been over to your blog in a little while and I was so excited to see you'd had your little one! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot believed, based on those pictures, that you've just had a baby! you look amazing and your baby is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is so adorable!! Congratulations to all your family, and I can't wait to hear the birth story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, what a cute wee thing! :) The picture of her yawning/screeching being held by her sister is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I honestly think that the third photograph of you is a lovely picture--that new mother glow never goes away no matter how many children, it seems!

    God bless,

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.