Saturday, December 4, 2010

Young, beautiful, and talented

Those are the words that come to mind when I think about our sweet daughters. Not that I am biased or anything. They are also very caring, affectionate, smart, and funny. But the attributes I might love the most are how innocent and carefree they are. Oh, I wish I could bottle it! I wish they would always stay just like this.


Miriam LOVES riding her bike. Her main concern every day is finding a skirt she feels comfortable in - not so loose that it will get caught in the chain, or too short. It also has to contain pink, purple, or white in some form.

 



Her license plate reads "Don't get arrested - MIRIAM", but what she told me she meant was "Don't arrest MIRIAM". She is her Daddy's daughter, after all.


Becky is equally in love with riding her scooter. It is so cute to watch her doing it. The two girls usually ride around in the driveway while I work on school work with the three boys on the front porch on weekdays.

Doesn't she look sweet enough to eat?

As much as I would love to keep them my little girls forever, I am equally excited about seeing them grow up into godly young ladies. Their price truly is far above rubies. 

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. - Proverbs 31:10

5 comments:

  1. You seem like such a good mom who loves her children so very much, so please don't misunderstand my quesion or my intent.

    You mention your girls frequently (and I don't blame you; they're adorable!), as well as Solomon, but since I've been reading your blog, I don't recall seeing much of anything on an individual basis about your other two boys, although they're included in group pictures frequently.

    I'm enjoying reading about your pregnancy and have taken some of your ideas for homemaking, incorporating them into my own routine. Very helpful!

    Tried to log in with my Google account, but for some reason, I could not do it. I will have to work on that or get a different account.

    Prayers and best wishes as you near delivery of your 6th.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie,

    you bring up a good point. I write more about the girls, because I take more pictures of them. Going through the photo album on my computer is usually what reminds me about things I wanted to blog about.

    The boys are getting older, and mostly do not enjoy having their pictures takes at all - it would mean they would have to stand still for split second! They also do not much like being blogged about.

    To read about the other kids, you could search in the box in the sidebar on the right by their name, which would pull up posts focusing more on them.

    I love all our kids equally for sure, but I do admit that I can relate to the girls much more. They and I become closer as they age, whereas the boys become more independent and want to show it. But I couldn't imagine life without any one of them.

    Thank you for your well-wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PLEASE, PLEASE get your daughter some pants or shorts to wear when she rides her bike. I don't care what your religion says about women wearing pants. It could save your daughter's life.

    A friend of mine lost her four-year-old daughter in an accident with a bike. Her skirt got caught in the chain and she fell, hitting her face on the concrete. Her nose broke and the cartilage pierced her brain. Wearing a helmet did nothing. She would still be alive, and starting middle school, today if she hadn't been wearing a skirt on her bike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe Miriam can wear leggings with a shorter skirt over it when she want to ride her bike? Would that be okay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, nice post.. U r a blessed blessed mother...!

    When i saw the bible verse at last, i remembered my friends blog..
    http://lisstom2.wordpress.com/
    just check this.. she is also an indian christian, house wife, doing blogging when she get time... this is a good blog...

    God bless u...!

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.