Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ah, pregnant brain... :)


Late last night, just before going to bed, I got a craving for sour cream. I LOVE sour cream, with salt added, and some plain bread on the side. It's a Hungarian thing - I remember tubs of sour cream being served as a school lunch with a slab of white bread on the side.

As I stood in the kitchen with my snack of salted sour cream and a piece of biscuit, the thought suddenly entered my mind that maybe such an odd craving at such an odd time meant I could be pregnant. As in, I had totally forgotten that I was already 30 weeks pregnant, and was standing there trying to figure out if I could be "late" and whether or not I had any pregnancy tests in the house. All these thoughts only took me a split second, and then it dawned on me that, um, yes, I was already very pregnant. 

Almost as fun as when I actually forget how old I am, and have to sit and think for a minute.

3 comments:

  1. Although I am only 15 wks pregnant, I do the exact same thing. I was doing something the other day and had the same thoughts for a second- even for a second thought oh yeah, I'm pregnant- did I remember to tell my husband?? Hahaha...I guess 5 kids in and your brain just slips a bit =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny. Not as bad as when I was in labor with my first son. I was in labor so long with little progress that I truly became scared. I was thinking, what if I'm not pregnant?! What if I'm only fat?! How will I eplain to everyne that I'm only fat, and there is no baby?!!! Thankfully, soon after, baby was born.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother said she thinks pregnant women suffer from memory loss , but I do this when I'm not pregnant :) . My four year old likes to eat sour cream by itself to :) .

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.