Wednesday, August 25, 2010

You know it's summer in Phonenix when...

... you get up early to beat the heat, and realize the temperature is in the triple digits by 7 am.

... the soles of your shoes melt to the asphalt if you stand in one place for too long.

... you turn on only the cold water tap to take a shower, and the water is much too hot for comfort.

... pregnant moms have to check the water temperature in the pool to make sure it's safe for their unborn child.

... the A/C runs all day and night, and the house still feels like an oven.

... you never have to make beds, because nobody even dreams about getting under the covers for months.

... it feels like a giant blow-dryer gets turned on every time someone opens the front door even slightly.

... every person in the family is consuming a gallon of water per day.

... you are going crazy from being cooped up indoors, with all blinds and curtains drawn, for months on end.

... your groceries spoil in the time it takes you to walk from the exit of the store to packing them on ice in your vehicle.

5 comments:

  1. Most of these apply to summer in northwest Florida also. I've been pregnant this time of year and it is NOT fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes...I remember it far too well! It's slightly better here in Tucson, but only slightly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could send you some cool weather!

    You're doing a great job in keeping a positive attitude. I enjoy your mix of humor and serious posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean, I dont even bother buying anything like ice cream this time of year because its pointless.

    I drove about 5 minutes home from the supermarket the other day and when I began unpacking it all I noticed my shredded cheese was melted.

    Cant wait for fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I know that it is just a bit late to be asking this, but do your shoes really melt to the asphalt? We're not in the sun much in Florida because we fry quickly, but we still haven't had our shoes melt to the ground.

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.