Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pregnancy update

Had another prenatal checkup today. My husband and all kids came along for it, which was nice. In the future, I hope to be able to at least leave some of the kids home with him for appointments though, as it just makes things easier all around. Plus, it gives me some "me" time, or one-on-one time with just one of the kids.

My uterus is now measuring right on for how far along I am. Everything else was perfect, too. My only concern was that I was wondering if I was low on iron, because I am so tired. I asked the midwife to check my hemoglobin, something I don't like because I absolutely DETEST being poked even slightly. My husband joked that it was not as bad as giving birth, but I'm not sure. Giving birth is a lot more natural. Anyway, my hemoglobin was 12.3, which is actually very good (especially for me). I guess I just need to get more sleep. Haha! I am already sleeping 10-12 hours a day and not getting as much work done as I would like to!

Becky was looking on intently, and then stuck out her pudgy little finger to also have it poked. I told her she didn't really want to. Miriam was crying on the drive to the midwife, because all day long she had been excited about taking her baby doll to the midwife with her, but then she forgot her at home because we left right after she woke up from her nap. I felt so bad for her. I would have turned around for it, but it would have made us a half hour late for the appointment to do so. The boys spent most of the time in the front room playing with a train set.

So, nothing exciting. I'm glad to hear that all is going well and I am feeling perfectly healthy (other than being so very tired).

My husband and I are taking the kids to a nearby lake tomorrow for an early celebration of his 29th birthday next week. We are leaving the house right around 7 am, which means it is high time for me to get to bed.

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear everything is going well with the pregnancy and you're not so sick! Hope you get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad everything is going well with you and the baby.
    I hope you have a good time celebrating with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats, glad to hear all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am expecting and been feeling very tired, thought I was low on Iron yet the test said 11.5 which is the low end of "normal". Needless to say, I guess I am just busy with little (4) ones and need to start napping or something?! I sure would trade my tired for anything, I love being a wife and Mommy! God has sure blessed me:0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear that all is going well! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats Great :) Glad to hear everything is going good. When I was pregnant with my 5th, I didn't feel like I could get enough sleep. My 6th pregnancy was easier in those regards.

    Blessings,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.