Friday, May 21, 2010

She's a big girl now

A week ago, Becky graduated to her big girl bed. I wanted her to make the transition in plenty of time before the new baby, so she wouldn't feel pushed out or replaced. We were also getting tired of her new trick of laying in bed in the exact opposite direction of us (the three of us basically forming a giant "H"), and kicking/shoving us both in the chops all night long.

For having spent the first 18 months of her life in our bed, she made the switch very happily and eagerly. In fact, she was nothing short of thrilled. If any of her siblings tries to get near her bed, she shrieks and gets mad at them.

Solomon, the sweet big brother that he always is, sewed her a cute pillow all by himself. It's hard to see in the pictures, but he used a bunch of different special stitches to "embroider" the pillowcase.

One night, when my husband was gone on a business trip, Becky woke up to drink some water as she does every night. After giving her some, I was going to move her to my bed for the rest of the night, but she would have none of it. She only wanted back to her own bed and her special pillow :( I'm over it now...

So now, on nights when my husband is gone, the other kids quickly figured out that there is plenty of extra room in my bed, and they have been taking turns spending the night there. I will have to pull the plug on their fun shortly, because I am a light sleeper and the big kids all toss a lot and wake me up.

They always grow up much too fast!!!





5 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest pictures Zsuzsa!!!!! She has grown sooooo much and looks so much like Miriam to me. Glad the transition went smooth. I have a list of goals before each baby is born too. We miss you guys!!! Hope you are feeling better!!!!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, tell Pastor A. we have been listening to his Revelation series from 2007 and are learning so much. We love it. Tell him he is like a walking human Bible!!! :) Let him know we appreciate all his sermons, it is a huge blessing. Tell all the kiddos hi too. Ours always talk about yours.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, she is just too cute! Happy to hear the transition went well- if not too well lol.

    Solomons such a handsome little man and talented. I'll have to kick up my sewing skills, your 8 year old son can sew better than me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look exactly like Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some very cute and mature children. I visited last spring and enjoyed your children. You did something right.

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.