Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring Break

I will be taking a couple of weeks off from blogging. The kids are not doing spring break (we just had a bunch of days off for birthdays and the Presidents' birthdays), but I am busy trying to redo my blog yet again. I know, I know. Web design and gardening have one thing in common - I am terrible at both, but I just can't seem to give up trying my hand at either. After this, if it doesn't work out, I am throwing in the towel.

Plus, I am working away at an unusually lengthy and highly specialized legal translation which is taking up my nights after the kids are in bed. For those of you who didn't know, I am a freelance translator. I do it more as a hobby in my spare time, as my husband makes plenty enough for us to live off of, but it's nice to engage my mind beyond diapers and errands. Plus, I get to find out what is REALLY going on behind the scenes in the medical, legal, and financial worlds. This particular assignment relates to a financial scam in which several tens of billions of dollars just "disappeared", with multiple countries involved. My confidentiality agreement forbids me to give more details, but it's really interesting.

Anyway, please feel free to dig through the archives in the meantime.

8 comments:

  1. Well, if you have to make a choice, please give up the gardening ;)

    I've been meaning to ask you for ages but I have been wondering where your husband gets his ideas for his sermons. I should probably search around and find his blog and ask him myself but I tend to be a bit strapped for time most days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we will MISS your posts over the next couple weeks! My mother used to do a lot of medical transcriptions, I can somewhat remember, I was pretty young, I also would LOVE doing something like that, can you private message me any information? (If you can share)on how to get started with something like that? I always want to something from home but everything advertised out there seams like a big scam. Who knows!

    Well, Praying that you get it all done by the deadline and we will miss your posts!!

    Oh~ and knowing Pastor Anderson, Alice, I am sure he TRULY preaches on whatever the Lord lays on his heart to preach! His messages and ideas come from the Lord himself...just my guess! (sorry, I know you were asking Zsuzsanna :)

    Have a fun couple weeks!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do find it fascinating the whole translation thing, but maybe that's because I'm not fluent in another language..lol. And I agree...I'm sure it's nice to get to do things beyond being mom and cleaning the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome! I hope you enjoy your work and time off from the internet :)

    God Bless,
    Stellar

    ReplyDelete
  5. For your new web design, are you doing HTML, CSS or Javascript? Personally, I really hate CSS, so if you're using it, more power to you. :)

    Good luck with your translation, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Zsuzsanna, I am glad to see your family well and in good health. I hope your translation goes well--legal and medical, oh dear, that would pop a native English speaker's top and I see why you'd need to take a break from blogging to focus!

    I found another article that you might want to read, if you find the time--I will warn you it caused many emotions in me. (I apologize if you've already heard or read about this incident.) A woman 'live tweeted' what occured during her 'early' RU-486 abortion. I really have no words, just prayers for that child.

    http://www.jillstanek.com/archives/2010/02/live_tweeting_a.html

    God Bless,
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! It was so funny how we ran into each other at the store. It was great visiting with you and your kids. It's funny because our kids were all so calm but once our kids found each other and started visiting, we were a loud group talking and having fun. :) Nice meeting you for real this time.

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.