Friday, March 5, 2010

Isaac's birthday

Isaac's birthday was four days after Miriam's, but because I have already shared some of her pictures we will not go chronologically. I'll put up more pictures of Miriam's actual birthday and of their knights/princesses party another time.

Very typical of Isaac, who is an early riser as it is, he had gotten up long before the sun or the rest of the family on his birthday. I woke up to the sound of him tearing open his presents.







We all had fun playing with the set of Lincoln Logs he got, and then we had a special breakfast that Isaac had picked out. Of course, school was canceled in honor of one of the happiest days in my life, and we went to Chuck E. Cheese instead.











We played for a couple of hours and came home to enjoy some yummy lunch, again Isaac's choice - hot dogs wrapped in a tortilla and fried. That's why birthdays only come once a year :)





This picture is not from his birthday, but I love the way it came out.


A few days after it was taken, he lost one of his top front teeth, which has left him with a really cute gap in his million-dollar smile.



My husband's gift to Isaac was that he was going to take him skiing up North for the first time. Isaac, being the nice guy that he is, also wanted Solomon to come along, rather than having some rare one-on-one time with Dad, something that made Solomon very happy. They had a good time skiing, although I think it wore my poor husband down a bit trying to take two young beginners at the same time. Solomon had only been once before.

I can't believe how fast my baby is growing up! Seems like just yesterday that he was born. Isaac is such a wonderful blessing, we could never imagine life without him again. He is like a ray of sunshine, always into some sort of mischief, but so irresistibly cute and funny. My only regret is that I can't have many, many more of him.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see he had a good birthday! How sweet of him to invite Solomon to go with him and his father. You're kids are absolutley adorable. Oh and now my husband wants deep fried hot dogs in tortillas lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!!!!! Such a sweet, smart, hansome wonderful blessing. His day looked special. Miss you guys!!!!!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.