Saturday, December 19, 2009

John's birthday

John turned five last week. The theme of his party was "Pirates". My camera is broken and it was acting up, so I did not get a lot of pictures.

We played walk the plank, pin the treasure on the treasure map, another treasure-themed game, and had a pirate ship pinata.

For the cake, I made a sheet cake and decorated it like a treasure island in the middle of the ocean. On a side note, if you are looking for great all-natural food colors, check with a Whole Foods market in your area. The one I shop at let me buy small quantities of the bulk bottles they use in the bakery. The colors work great, and are a fraction of the cost of what I used to pay for the India Tree colors.



It's hard to believe John is five already. He is such a sweetheart. He tells me dozens of times per day that he loves me, and writes me sweet notes such as "My love for you is as big as the sun".

For over one full year now, him and Miriam have pretended to be husband and wife, it is so cute.

John has always been very advanced for his age, especially in his verbal skills. My husband was reading the book of Jonah to the kids recently, and John interrupted him with: "Excuse me please, when Johah was in the whale's belly, that was a foreshadowing of when Jesus would go to Hell for three days and three nights."

At a hotel recently, as we stepped into the elevator, he told me: "Mommy, I noticed this elevator has a tendency to go down."

He cracks me up every day, and his sweet smile is irresistible. I wish he would stay this age forever!

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic birthday party to give your son! I'm sure that he really enjoyed himself and he seems to be a sweet, precocious child.
    God bless you and keep you,
    Brookie

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so sweet and smart too!!! Tell him the Argons said happy birthday to a very special boy!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.