Saturday, August 8, 2009

I'm back! (well, almost)

First off, for all those who were wondering how my husband's hearing this past Wednesday went, you can read about that here. In brief, the hearing to dismiss the charges was yet again postponed because of the actions of the prosecuting attorney. It has now been scheduled for Aug. 21.

We are still enjoying our summer break. This year, we are starting school late, on August 31st, or maybe even the Tuesday of the week after that (Sept. 8). I want to teach all three boys at the same time in all subjects except for math and language arts, and have not quite settled on what to use. Right now I am considering Konos, My Father's World, Considering God's Creation, or Galloping the Globe. The two oldest are also learning Spanish, and Solomon is learning piano. Both Isaac and Solomon had asked about learning violin, and I am looking into that possibility. I signed all three boys up for a homeschool P.E. group, which I think they are really going to enjoy. My goal this year is to have a more relaxed homeschool approach and to give us all time to "stop and smell the roses". All three boys are 1-2 grades ahead of their peers, and I am worried they might lose their steam if they keep on trucking through school and childhood.

The last three days, we were in Tuscon with my husband, who was finishing up on a huge install at a Home Depot there. While he was working, we did all the fun tourist stuff and kicked back at the hotel at night. There is something about not having to do dishes or laundry for three days that is really relaxing. Especially when Starbucks enters that equation, or having room service bring you a hot cinnamon roll at midnight. Tucson also still has two Hancock's Fabrics, and that alone would be worth a trip down there. They had a huge sale on patterns, $1 for any Simplicity pattern, and I bought like 25 or 30 and have all kinds of fun sewing projects swirling around in my head now.

I have been working on various blog posts in my spare time, i.e. when I am not too busy taking a summer break, and will be back in the blogosphere in full force again really soon. In the meantime, you can keep up with me on Facebook.

4 comments:

  1. We found My father's world last year. I had one in Kindergarten, one in 1st and 2 on coultries and cultures. We LOVED them all and I can totally see us sticking with the same all the way through. Good luck on your search for the perfect fit for your family. So good to here yall are enjoying your summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed you, glad you are back! I'm not blogging much myself lately as I have not had the time, but eventually I will start up again.

    And I wanted to share something with you that is really super cool:) Me and hubby went and checked out an IFB church, and my hubby went on the overnight campout with the men. Another man that came to the campout is also new to this church, and found it via your husbands church website. Now I don't think we'll be able to find as good of an IFB church where we live (compared to the teachings at Faithful Word, and there is not many children at this church, and no one else is homeschooling, so I'm not sure if we will 'fit' in, but we are at least back to a church that is teaching from the Bible, and we are enjoying it.

    Sorry for that ramble, I just thought you and your husband would be interested to know the impact you are making, by sharing so much online :)

    Blessings,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm taking the Kids to Tucson tomorrow for the Pima Air & Space Museum and I'm almost tempted to go to that fabric store. It looks really nice, but I don't think the boys will let me take my good old time looking around. Not very interesting for them LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.