Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Taking a break

My apologies for being such a slacker blogger lately. I have been busy remodeling the house, as well as reorganizing, decluttering, and deep-cleaning every single room, nook, and cranny, as well as the shed. I even scrubbed the van inside and out, it looks like new now. In fact, it is so nice that I just might start tieing the kids down to the roof of the van rather than letting them get inside.

There's fun stuff like canning an abundance of fruit and tomatoes over the summer, when fresh produce is in season. Right now, there are about 20 lbs of tomatoes waiting in my fridge to be canned later today.

Then there's homeschooling. I went to the big annual homeschool convention in downtown Phoenix last Friday and Saturday, and got plenty of inspiration and ideas. We are on summer break right now, but I still have to decide on next year's curriculum and find good deals to buy what I need. Right now, I am thinking along the lines of taking a more relaxed approach next year, and to do unit studies with the three boys and have them all learning the same things except for math and language arts. I also need to list a ton of books I don't need any more for sale on ebay.

I'm finally feeling like I am wrapping things up in all these areas, but by the time I am all done, I will need a break. We are going camping soon - yay! It also means a lot of getting ready, packing, and then laundry and cleaning when we get back home.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will probably not be posting for at least a couple of weeks, maybe longer. If I do have time to write, I will just save the post and publish it later so that once I am "back" in the blogosphere, at least there will be something new to read every day or so. If you emailed me lately and are still waiting for a response, I apologize. I answer a few emails every night, but there are still a lot backed up that I need to get to. But I do appreciate whenever I get mail! Well, friendly mail...

Hope you all enjoy this special time with friends and family!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I like this blog! LOL. But I understand you needing a break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog; enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.