Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ah, summer....

The kids and I (and my husband when he is home) have been going on many fun outings during the last few weeks, enjoying these wonderful summer days. The libraries in our area offer lots of free programs this time of year. So far, we have seen a puppet theater production, a really cool yo-yo show, a juggler, a reptile show, and a singing cowboy.

The heat in Arizona is really overrated. 108 degrees in the day can feel pretty hot if you are out in the sun, but what might feel like a "cool breeze" in the evening could very well still be in the triple-digits. It really is not bad at all, and feels much cooler.

We have also gone on field trips to various museums and attractions around the state. I apologize for the quality of the photos below. Some were taken with a camcorder, and some with my phone. My camera seems to not be working right any more at all. I'll have to get a new one just as soon as possible.

Wupatki National Monument






Pima Air and Space Museum





Titan Missile Museum

I was really kicking myself that I forgot to bring my camera and phone down into the missile launching complex. It was pretty amazing, and Solomon and Isaac got to sit in the two seats of the commanding officers, turn the keys at the same time, and pretend to launch the missile. Solomon asked at least a half dozen times if this REALLY was just pretend, and that he was not actually nuking the other side of the world. Our military leaders could use a dose of his apprehension.

More photos to follow. A girl's gotta sleep sometime.

5 comments:

  1. Cute photos! Sounds like your family has a lot of fun together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you have so many wonderful activities within driving distance. Thanks for the advice with the Vitiman Water . I bought some and it has really helped settle my stomach. It tastes really good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you been to the Casa Grande Ruins National Monument in Coolige?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun! Glad you have been getting out and enjoying yourselves!

    Blessings,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is nice you are able to take your kids out on field trips. I am sure they've learned some.

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.