Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day, every day

Last Sunday was very nice, in that my family went out of their way to spoil me with a special breakfast, flowers, drawings, and a sweet card. My husband also continued the tradition of the last several years, and made a CD recording of the kids singing and saying silly things. It was fun listening to the old CDs that morning, too.

This was the best Mother's Day ever not because I was spoiled more than usual (my family always makes it a special day). It was the best because I had the most children ever - five. And best of all, they all still live at home. When I went to bed on Sunday night, I knew exactly where every one of them was and what they were doing. I knew they were all safe, which is all that any mother could ever ask.

In that sense, it's Mother's Day every day in our house. And almost as often as I stop to reflect with gratitude on the blessings that I have been bestowed, I think with appreciation of my mother-in-law, who raised what I think is the greatest husband, father, and Christian. I am daily enjoying the fruit of her hard labor.

1 comment:

  1. I commend you and your husband. He is upholding all of our rights as US citizens at a time when our rights are being eroded.

    thank you so much

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.