Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bountiful Baskets

Calling all locals: I would like to recommend Bountiful Baskets food co-op. They offer baskets of conventional produce for $15, organic for $25. Definitely much cheaper than what the same would sell for at a grocery store or Whole Foods. We get the organic, and the quality of the produce is absolutely superb.

In addition, they also offer various breads, and special food offerings that change every week such as a Mexican food pack, etc. They have pickup locations at local parks all over the Greater Phoenix Area, which is very convenient.

Here are a few pictures to give you an idea of how much produce it is. Everyone gets two baskets, typically they are 50% fruit and 50% vegetable. Our family of seven eats a lot of produce, and we still have to make an effort to eat it all by the end of the week before we pick up the fresh baskets.



5 comments:

  1. This is fantastic!...thank you SO much for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The produce looks wonderful. Wish we had something like that here. Ours is much, much more expensive.

    I was actually coming to ask a different question when I saw this post of yummies. What happened at the rally on Saturday? I would love to hear the story and see pictures/videos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so awesome!! I wish we had something like that here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a real blessing. I wish there was somthing like that around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ordered! I am so excited to pick it up this Saturday. I purchased the $15.00 basket...just to try it out. Thanks for the info on it.

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.