Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Why not comply?

First off, I would like to share today's Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano, on which my husband and his attorney, Marc Victor, were guests. The show was cut into six 10-minute segments on YouTube. The part pertaining to the abuse Pastor Anderson suffered at the hands of the DPS and DHS starts about 8 minutes into clip 3, continues all the way through clip 4, and ends about midway through clip 5.








Here is a map of what the ACLU calls the "Constitution Free Zone." According to their estimates, 2 out of 3 American citizens live within this zone. In Arizona, a whopping 88% of the population live within 100 miles of the international border. Click here to check the stats on your state.


We have had an overwhelming response from people expressing their support and thanks to Pastor Anderson, and we appreciate every single one of these phone calls, emails, personal messages, and comments. We are also very grateful to anyone who has passed this information on to their friends and acquaintances.

Of course, others have written and called to tell us the opposite. I seriously wonder how much respect for authority all the people had who have been expressing their anger to me about my husband's actions. After all, last I checked the Bible, the wife is to be subject to her husband, yet these people want to show me how "inferior" (in their mind) my direct authority figure is, which is hypocrisy at its best. I thought I would share some of the reasons why my husband did not simply comply and go on.

Government agencies and their officers are not "rulers," but rather, public servants. They are not the highest authority, either. In fact, any authority they have is derived from what we, the people, have endowed them with within the confines of the law, most notably the Constitution.

The Fourth Amendment in the Bill of Rights states the following:

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Motor vehicles are included in this amendment, hence, we do not need to allow government agents to search our cars without a search warrant or probable cause (supported by oath or affirmation) particularly describing the place to be searched and the persons or things to be seized. This last phrase was intended as a safeguard against government officials simply "trolling" to find something wrong. Instead, they must say exactly what they are suspecting or looking for, and where. It's not a question of "You are acting suspiciously and I want to snoop around until I find out what is going on."

Anyone defending their Fourth Amendment rights is acting within the law, and it doesn't become illegal just because the person whose rights are being infringed upon becomes agitated in the process. I wonder how many people wouldn't be if they were detained for 27 minutes (New Mexico, 2 months ago) or 75 minutes (Arizona, last week), while their vehicle was surrounded by a dozen or so government agents on all sides? I have personally watched the videotaped altercation my husband had at the border patrol checkpoint in New Mexico, and I was on the phone with him for almost all of the incident that occurred at the checkpoint east of Yuma last week. I for one am shocked and impressed by how well he kept his cool, while standing his ground and refusing to give up his rights.

Having his window rolled up during these incidents had nothing to do with being suspicious or adversarial. Had the window been down any further than it was, the officers would have reached in to open the door (as they have tried to in the past), something that they very clearly are not allowed to do. Ditto for having the car doors unlocked - you will notice in the New Mexico clip that the agents repeatedly tried to open the doors to remove my husband from his car. Nor was Pastor Anderson just out looking for trouble. His business takes him on travels on a weekly basis, and he passes through these checkpoints several times each week. Given the mental instability of the type of people who are drawn to these kinds of jobs, and the enjoyment they derive from feeling superior and all powerful over their "subjects", I am surprised my husband hasn't been harassed more often.

All that aside, I find it perturbing that some people actually think that the actions of the law enforcement officers were right under any circumstances. Even if my husband had been smuggling humans or drugs, almost killing him is hardly the proper way to arrest someone who is defenseless and not fighting back or resisting at all. Last I checked, law enforcement officers weren't judge, jury, and executioner all rolled into one.

I think most of the men who have written to reprimand, ridicule, or vent their anger are just too effeminate to themselves stand up and defend the rights of all Americans. I think that they do not care about protecting the freedoms that were won through much bloodshed for the next generation. I think that they do not love their country nor their children.

You see, America was started by righteous men revolting against their abusive government. To not only condone but even expect and promote submission to any form of government, no matter how abusive and lawless, is insanity. It would justify the Third Reich, Communist Russia, and countless other examples throughout history. If it is admissible for our government to infringe on any of our rights, it is admissible for them to infringe on all of our rights.

Today, they want to search our trunk, but tomorrow, our homes. Today, they are looking for drugs, tomorrow, for our Bibles. Today, they want to sniff around our car, tomorrow, they want to install cameras on every street corner under the disguise of "preventing crime". Today, they just want to make sure we are not transporting "illegals", tomorrow they will barge into our homes and arrest us for homeschooling our children (an everyday reality in Germany today). Today, they ask about our citizenship status, tomorrow, they will go around interrogating us as to whether we remembered to take our government-issued birth control pills. Think that's absurd? Think again - the latter is the reality for 1 in 6 people in the world thanks to China's one-child policy.

I really liked what Congressman Ron Paul said on the Freedom Watch today, which paraphrased was something along the lines of "if we compromise 1 or 2 % of the time, we have compromised 100% of the principle." Questions of right and wrong are absolute. If it is wrong for government agents to conduct warrantless searches, they are always wrong, and only a coward who did not care about future generations would take the easy way out and comply just to save themselves the trouble of defending the rights of all Americans. I thank God that the founding fathers had a vision that extended beyond their own lives. I am very grateful to my husband and proud of his heroism, as I know that without men like him, our children's future is as gloomy as most of human history has been.

Then Mordecai commanded to answer Esther, Think not with thyself that thou shalt escape in the king's house, more than all the Jews.

For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?
Esther 4:13+14

I would like to think that brutality at the hands of law enforecement officers is not the rule, but nevertheless, it is a reality. As the judge on the show so aptly put it today, cameras are the new guns to protect ourselves. Without evil actions such as my husband and countless others have suffered being exposed, they will not only continue, but become increasingly more frequent and brutal.

Here is just a small sampling I found on YouTube. The descriptions in italics are direct quotes from the respective YouTube channels.

Respect is a two-way street.
The officer makes a statement that, if it were entered into a police report as dialoge from a suspect, would be considered a death threat.





El Paso, TX 7 News reports "An 7 crew covering a crash on I-10 on Monday unwillingly became part of the news. Motorists stuck in traffic witnessed veteran journalist Darren Hunt and photojournalist Ric Dupont being handcuffed and detained."





Guard Uses Taser on Man Holding Newborn
By JUAN A. LOZANO Tue Aug 14
HOUSTON - In a confrontation captured on videotape, a hospital security guard fired a stun gun to stop a defiant father from taking home his newborn, sending both man and child crashing to the floor. Now William Lewis says his baby girl suffers from head trauma because she was dropped.

"I've got to wonder what kind of moron would Tase an adult holding a baby," said George Kirkham, a former police officer and criminologist at Florida State University. "It doesn't take rocket science to realize the baby is going to fall."

Lewis, 30, said the April 13 episode began after he and his wife felt mistreated by staff at the Woman's Hospital of Texas and they decided to leave. Hospital employees told him doctors would not allow it, but Lewis picked up the baby and strode to a bank of elevators.

The elevators would not move because wristband sensors on each baby shut them off if anyone takes an infant without permission.

Lewis, who gave the video to The Associated Press, said his daughter landed on her head, but it cannot be seen on the video. He said the baby continues to suffer ill effects from the fall.

"She shakes a lot and cries a lot," Lewis said, noting doctors have performed several MRIs on the child, Karla. "She's not real responsive. Something is definitely wrong with my daughter."...





A police officer has been fired after an incident in which a female prisoner taken into custody on suspicion of DWI wound up lying on a floor at the police station in a pool of blood.

Much of what happened was recorded on a videotape -- but there is a gap of undetermined length. During that time, the woman wound up injured. She said she was beaten up; the officer said she fell.






20 comments:

  1. I agree with mostly everything you are saying and I do feel that if you give 1% eventually they'll want 100%.

    But I do know what it's like to be on the road for long hours each and every week as I did this for years in my husbands business, and to me it's just wasted time arguing and causing problems.

    My time as a business owner would be extemely valuable, as each minute has a dollar sign to it. With something like this you just let them search and be "on your way." If I am going sit there argue, be difficult, get arrested, beat up, and fined/jailed well I've now lost more valuable time.

    Here is time I could be building new accounts for my business and time I could be spending with my dear family.

    Again, I think you and your family are wonderful people who I'm sure have good intensions. So please don't take my words the wrong way it just seems like each time this happens it's painfully long and dragged out. That last video I watched where he was at the boarder for 27 minutes was really difficult to watch because I just don't have that patients. I could never do the job they do cause I would have most likely flipped my lid by the 10 minute mark. I don't even know how he (your husband) can stand just sitting there that long saying the same thing over and over again.

    Anyway I hope that you all get through this event with little drama in your lives and that you can return to the peace in your lives.

    God Bless
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.azcapitoltimes.com/story.cfm?id=11011

    Supreme Court: Police violated rights during search of AZ man's vehicle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zsuzanna, all I can say after reading your eloquent and Scriptural defense of your husband (who is also your spiritual cover) is God bless you! We know the last days will have many of the characteristics of the days of Lot, and the incredible amount of ignorance of spiritual principles and the acceptance of all kinds of perversions and misuses of power is certainly part of that "time-of-Lot-like" comparison. I pray for your strength and courage as a family to keep acting like Daniel. The 6th chapter tells us that Daniel REALLY REALLY infuriated the "presidents and princes" of his day by his absolute commitment to the Lord and his refusal to compromise. They used all their power of government to plot against Daniel, but look who won! God honored his faithfulness, and he is forever held up to us in God's Word as a wonderful example of courage in the face of threats by power-hungry, ungodly, tyrannical, cruel, vengeful officials, and those officials all perished. We never hear of them again. It was only Daniel and his three friends Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah who live forever; all the other young men captured at the same time and hauled off to Babylon compromised with the government edicts, and we never heard of them again either. So the Lord bless you with your "Daniel situation"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the wife of the law enforcement officer who called you. I am SO glad you found the tazer tags.

    I'll add that the ACLU itself tells you to crack your window only enough to communicate and pass paperwork back and forth during a traffic stop. The reason being is it gives the officer less chance to "smell something funky" or "you smell like a bar".

    If you look at the ACLU's own videos on Youtube, they advise you to do very similar things to what your husband did.

    I look forward to the weekend and being able to get caught up on the videos.

    Let Freedom Ring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that your actions to protect the freedom of Americans will benefit us all. The people who are criticising you have no idea that they are enjoying freedom: ignorance is bliss. Your critics have never been asked to yield their freedom, have never been threatened or have always given in. You know what? I hope that the majority of people continue to enjoy freedom even if it means they remain ignorant. It's just that I wish they could see why it is so important for all of us to stand up and claim the freedom we deserve as Americans. If we don't claim it and fight to protect it as you are doing, we will lose it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though I'm not a believer as you and your husband are, I have been deeply affected by the atrocities inflicted upon your family. Evelyn Beatrice Hall says “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”. This episode has encouraged me to get involved with our freedom. I've posted links in my MySpace blog to bring attention to what is happening in our government, and plan on joining the ACLU to help in this cause. I hope all goes well for the Pastor and your family. I believe he was in absolute right to stand up for his Rights as an American and as a human being.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zsuzsanna, I have been curious for a while as to why you don't call your husband by his name, you always call him "Pastor." Do you do this at home or just on your blog? I am truly curious, not trying to be snarky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://anarchyinyourhead.com/
    There's a comic on this site about Pastor Anderson with a story. Thought you might find it... funny?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops! I was having a little trouble with my computer. Anyway, I'll reiterate what I already said just in case. I am also a wife (and mother of small children), and do believe that the Bible says to submit to your husband as your authority. Just because many Christians have a differing opinion about how your husband is behaving himself, does not mean they are demeaning him as YOUR authority. Anyway, I cannot just let some of your comments go, as I do not think that you thought them through Biblically (you keep going back to the Constitution and other communist countries' experiences, but you have no Bible verses to back up your husband's retaliation and revenge and uncooperation).
    1. Just because the Border Patrol agents would like you to roll down the window and answer a few questions, DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY ARE INFRINGING ON OUR RIGHTS. Your husband says he supports the actual checkpoint and this is why he stops, but in another breath, he says he doesn't think that they have any right to do the rest of their job, which is to make sure nothing illegal is going on. Do you only want the agents to check and search further if the person has different colored skin or if they actually SEE drugs in the car or HEAR a smuggled human being in the trunk? ( It is not like either of those last two is likely to happen). This is what makes no sense.
    2. You believe that all the thousands of Border Patrol agents (whom you've never met) are mentally unstable and are drawn to these kinds of jobs because of their enjoyment of feeling superior over their "subjects." Hmmmmmm I don't even know if this deserves a comment, except to say that the Border Patrol agents are some of the best and brightest people, who go through a more rigorous background check and training than almost any other job in this country and who work a thankless job, many patrolling a hot dangerous desert alone, while receiving no praise or attention for it, ALL TO PROTECT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!! I definitely have to wonder (in love) at all the hate and unhappiness brewing inside of you, that would provoke such a comment.
    3. So, because of the uproar that you and your husband are causing, your comments against the Border Patrol agents, and your ranting against anyone wanting to search his vehicle (although at the same time saying that the actual checkpoint is constitutional????), I can only assume that YOU THINK THAT THERE SHOULD NOT BE CHECKPOINTS OR BORDER PATROL AGENTS AT ALL. Let's try to imagine what kind of country this would be if we took down all those checkpoints and put all those "mentally unstable" Border Patrol agents to work doing other things (which would not allow them to get enjoyment out of feeling "superior over their subjects.") Wow! You may want to live with millions more illegal immigrants and crimnals pouring across our borders and sucking off our system, and tons more illegal drugs, but I for one, do not.
    4. The border patrol agents are not taking away our Bibles or telling us to stop home-schooling our children or asking us to compromise our Biblical principles and rights in any way. They just wanted him to roll down his window and cooperate. He himself said he always used to cooperate with them and never had any problem with it, but now all of a sudden wanted to make a point of it, and bring his camera and sit in the road at the checkpoint with his windows rolled up. Do you think this is a good example for how we ALL should act going through a check point? (I guess you do, in which case I'll refer you back to #3).
    Anyway, I realize you both harbor a lot of bitterness and anger for those who arrested your husband. I just urge you to reconsider how the Bible says Christians should act toward those they believe to have done them wrong. There is no room for retaliation, revenge, or bitterness. If you have any Bible verses to the contrary, I would be happy to reconsider. Thank you for your consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Papers, papers...show me your papers."...WAKE UP, AMERICA...THIS IS NAZI GERMANY ALL OVER AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rachel,

    I am STEVE's sister and I can assure you that his wife addresses him by his first name at home and when speaking about him to family members and close friends. In Zsuzsanna's blog, more often than not, she simply refers to Steve as her husband. I've never heard her address him as "Pastor" at church or anywhere else. If she did choose to do so that would be fine since Sarah in the Bible called her husband Abraham, Lord. Writing a post with "Pastor Anderson" in the title tells people who her husband is. Obviously, not everyone who reads this blog is on a first name basis with my brother. I myself have been known to refer to him as Pastor Anderson when commenting on his youtube videos, etc. It amazes me how many people try to nitpick this family for perfectly normal behavior.

    Raani

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooray and hugs to Pastor Steve Anderson, our active military and veterans, Dads, patriots, those who believe in or support and/or who post in defense or support of them, our freedom, liberty, rights, the U.S. Constitution, and opposition to government (i.e. injustice system) abuse of authority, citizens, power and taxes!
    Our government is civil servants who answer, serve, submit to, work for and are paid by us, not vice versa!!

    The Border Patrol, Dept of Public Safety, DHS, FBI, highway patrol, Clintons, Obama, police, State of Arizona, Maricopa Co. Sheriff Joe Arpaio, most judges, many of our arrogant, complacent and corrupt government officials are guilty of abusing power, intimidating, oppressive, punitive, terroristic and treasonous actions under color of law, including undermining, violating and warring against the U.S. Constitution. Globalist, socialist, badge-kissers, politician-kissers, Taser-kissers and tax-return-lovers defend and support them and their abusive actions. The prophetic Bible books of Daniel and Revelation refer allegorically or symbolically to governments and kingdoms as beasts!

    These domestic/internal checkpoints/roadblocks, the supposed illegal immigration policy, the War On Drugs, and the War On Terrorism are really a conspiratorial cover and deception to criminalize, dominate and terrorize the American population, steamroll and wage a War On The Bill Of Rights, innocent citizens and their liberty and privacy, and search and seize their personal information and property as they please!

    Law enforcement agents are more hinderance than help. I've been harassed many times unnecessarily. I know of at least four crimes committed against me or my family for which the authorities have failed or refused to investigate or arrest. I think their main agenda are to deceive and entrap (regardless of guilt or innocence), consume coffee and doughnuts, hold a double standard between them and the public about: asking and answering questions - obeying laws - the right to carry and use arms - and shining flashlights at you, to interfere in civil matters, intimidate with badges guns and uniforms, invade people's privacy, occupy the public like an invaded military, obstruct justice, help raise revenue through citations and fines, spend (waste) tax revenue, suspect and detain and interrogate people as guilty until proven innocent, and to terrorize and torture with guns, Tasers, and other means. Citizens and taxpayers are their masters. Law enforcement agents are public servants, just as any other government employee or official. They are hired to protect and serve but don't really care about citizens' families, justice, liberty, privacy, property, rights, safety, sovereignty, truth, etc. like We The People do !

    There's a double standard and like a taboo between law enforcement officers/personnel and the public about the right to carry arms and use them or other force for defense. "They can but you can't." When civilians fight back, otherwise use force or shoot a cop they get "the book thrown at them", are condemned and reviled by all other cops, the whole justice system and society. When cops beat up, demean, dehumanize, humiliate, intimidate, murder, mutilate, shoot, Taser, terrorize, torture or traumatize people they usually are only put on temporary "administrative" leave and the incident is merely cursorily or nominally "investigated" or "reviewed" before returning to work as usual. In civil and criminal lawsuits the decisions are often in cops' favor. Courts are usually persuaded by cops' evidence and testimony over civilians'. Abuse and corruption of power is so prevalent among cops and other government agents that they each should be considered just as another armed individual and potential threat rather than legal and reliable protection. In a group they can be as dangerous as, and should be considered as, a criminal or military organization.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't agree with most of your husband's and your beliefs, but this atrocity by representatives of our government leaves me shaking in anger.

    Little by little, our freedoms guaranteed by our Constitution are being whittled away. Our own government has been participating in torture. We are not free to travel freely throughout our own country.

    I am willing to "walk the walk" and will also resist illegal suppression of our rights. I also live in an area well within the 100 mile zone. I will be contacting the ACLU for guidelines on how to protect my rights.

    Much thanks for sharing your story, and thanks to Pastor Anderson for his bravery and willingness to help uphold our rights.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Raani,

    I don't think anyone was nitpicking. It was an honest question -- why does it seem like you have such hostilities over a simple QUESTION? Sheesh! She even says she's not trying to be "snarky".

    Zsuzsanna,

    I completely agree with you -- we should not "just comply" for the sake of complying. In your husbands shoes I would have complied simply because it were less "hassle" but I think it is just FABULOUS that he did what he did....I hope those officers live to regret what they did. They are the ones who deserve to be arrested and forced to pay for medical, attorney, etc....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dayyyyy. That woman in the last video. Now that was a brutal beating and they really did almost kill her.

    I'll have to look again but did the Pastor get a black eye?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Zsuzsanna,

    Do you and your husband believe that all police searches constitute an infringement of rights? Under what circumstances, if any, do you believe it acceptable for police to conduct a warrantless search of a vehicle?

    I ask because I wonder where we can draw the line.

    Sarah Beth

    ReplyDelete
  17. I justed wanted to say thank you to Pastor Anderson for standing up for his rights. Liberty-loving Americans are proud of you!

    James

    ReplyDelete
  18. Zsuzanna: first, thanks to you and your husband for standing up. I've made a contribution to Steven's defence fund in the hope you will fight this all the way. I know it is going to get difficult for you over the coming months, especially after the initial surge of support and media attention fades away and the legal bills grow. You will face many temptations to accept increasingly larger sums of money as "settlement," but amongst other things, that settlement will have 2 big strings attached to it. First, there will be no admission of wrong-doing by the border patrol. Second, you will not talk to the media about it, and indeed they may even seek to make the size of the settlement confidential.

    I'm glad you and your husband are christians, and surrounded by a loving family and caring friends, because you are going to need every bit of the strength you derive from those sources in order to resist this temptation. For all of us, you MUST take this all the way. I and others will help where they can, but unfortunately for you, you are the ones that have been chosen to bear this burden, and like Jesus on his way to Calvary, you will have to carry it all the way by yourselves. Stay strong and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Like I said before I am also a Christian who doesn't agree with your husband's beliefs. I'm sure that's why my comment wasn't approved just from that one statement. This world would be a very boring place if everyone had the same opinion. I don't believe anyone deserves a beating like your husband did. I was cordial in my comment and just asked a couple questions for your husband to answer. I guess if someone doesn't agree with your beliefs, they have no voice here. I know this won't be approved either just because you can't agree to disagree. You should be more open-minded. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well firstly, I don't think he was "nearly killed". That's just stretching it a bit much. It was brutal and more of a "power" issue than it was a legal one. They have a very very tough job, and if you did have a body in the trunk, I'd hope they search it. Otherwise it's on them. I absolutely love that you have the gumption to assert your rights. I almost inevitably have something to feel guilty about and have never been able to stand for my trodden rights.

    I think in this case it all comes down to if the dog REALLY got a hit from your car. Thing is- can we trust the police to give us the truth on the matter? I don't think they need to "prove" to YOU the dog was used properly, but they need to prove to the courts that it was. It's a really big strike against them that there was nothing found in your car.

    Why do cops always rush to getting the person all stepped on and into sutody. As if they have somewhere they need to be or something. If they didn't seem tp enjoy it so much it would make more sense.

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.