Monday, April 20, 2009

Recent field trips

Week before last, we spent a couple of days on various field trips exploring Arizona's past.

First, we went to Montezuma Castle National Monument near Camp Verde.




Solomon discovered this big lizard and had fun watching it:



The guys also found a hollow tree and climbed it.



Next, we went to Fort Verde State Historic Park, where we spent several hours touring the various buildings. It was so interesting I forgot to take pictures except for this one, which shows Miriam and Johnny sitting at the top of the staircase in the officer's house.


The next day, my husband was busy with his work, but I took the kids to the Pioneer Living History Museum and spent the day exploring all the buildings with them.








There was a staged gunfight, but Miriam was terrified of the "outlaws" and refused to be in the picture with them. During the show, she climbed into the back of the stroller into the baby's car seat, and pulled the shades completely over herself.



In this last photo, you can see my purse hanging on the back of the stroller. The sides and back of that purse have more patches that are not visible in this picture. I try to buy iron-on patches at all the different fun places we visit as a family. It's an inexpensive souvenir, and I am reminded everyday of wonderful family memories.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pic of Solomon holding his little sis while she peeks over his shoulder and stares at the cowboy, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time. I get magnets for my refrigerator. Now the big question is.. do I continue reading your blog, or return to the church's website for reading :P

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.