Sunday, April 5, 2009

Free Saturday Activities for Little Ones

Yesterday, the kids and I went to a couple of different free activities that are offered by major stores.

The first one was the "Kids Workshop" at The Home Depot. Every Home Depot across the country offers these free workshops on the first Saturday of every month from 9 AM to noon.

Every child is given an apron if they don't already have one, as well as a complete craft kit that they assemble with their parent. At the end, they are awarded a certificate and given a pin to put on their apron corresponding to the project they built that day. At our home depot, the kids also got balloons, cupcakes, soda, popcorn, and lots of candy. The craft kit was very well made and easy to assemble for little hands. All of our kids loved this activity and want to go back every time.

I forgot my camera at home, so these pictures were taken with my phone and are not the best quality.






After this workshop, we went to Lakeshore Learning for the free craft activity that they offer every Saturday from 11-3. The kids again had a lot of fun with this, and also enjoyed playing with all the samples in the store.




I hope this post will inspire someone to try these workshops. Our family had a lot of fun with them.

2 comments:

  1. Great find! I'm going to try to take Erika to one in May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I really need to start making a list of free activities in our city too. I know there is a lot out there, it's just hard to hear about them sometimes. I'll have to do the homedepot one when my boys are a bit older.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.