Saturday, February 21, 2009

My husband, the poet

No, seriously. Rhyming is one of my husbands strange but lovable talents. While he usually reserves this quirk to make up silly rhymes for the kids, once (and I mean ONLY once) he wrote a poem about me. Only because it was a project he had to do in Bible college almost four years ago. And if you come back to my blog and find this post has been removed, it will only be because my husband made me do it. Are you ready?


To my wife

Long ago, I met a girl
For whom my heart did pine,
With hair of gold and eyes of blue;
I married this fräulein.

She left her fatherland to be
My dear and closest friend.
Oh, love of mine, you captivate me,
Such wit and charm you blend.

And without you, what would I do?
How could I live without,
The cordon bleu and tiramisu,
The schnitzel, chops, and kraut?

And now our love has multiplied,
With fair-haired sons all three.
Your beauty hath not waned one wit,
Nor hath my love for thee.


Edited to add:

My husband's reaction upon finding out that his cunning poetic piece has been exploited on my blog and shared with the whole world via the internet: "I can't believe you did that! How embarrassing!"

6 comments:

  1. So you're going to keep him, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, goodness!
    Zsuzsanna, that is lovely! I'm so jealous! And I thought my husband was romantic!!
    Blessings-
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. my comment on your edit....

    Please tell your husband that this is NOT embarrassing to him whatsoever...We think he is wonderful!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! While I certainly would tell him not to quit his day job....it was a very sweet gesture. How many men write poems for their wife?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT! What a great poem. I especially like the schnitzel part, to funny!

    God Bless,

    I enjoy your blog so much!!!!!
    Your such a smart lady.

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.