Thursday, January 15, 2009

On judging, hating, and name calling

There are many people who read this blog in spite of the fact that they hate me and/or my husband. As one of them recently put it:

"I have been drawn to your blog many times. Not because it makes me want to have a stronger relationship with God (far from it) but because it's like watching a train wreck...you can't turn away."

While I doubt that this reader has ever seen a real train wreck, my guess is he's saying that morbid curiosity is getting the best of him.

Of course, it doesn't stop at them just looking at my blog, though. People like to voice their disagreements, and they are welcome to do so - just not on my blog! :) There are lots of other websites, books, and people out there who believe different from me, and that's their prerogative. So most dissenting comments are rejected because they are either offensive, restate something that has already been repeated ad nauseam, they are boring, or just because I don't feel compelled at all to have a debate. I believe what I believe for a reason, and debating is a waste of time.

Obviously, atheists would not agree with me on just about anything because their authority is not the Bible. But I do think there are some real Christians out there reading my blog who find it offensive, and this post is for them. For what it's worth (I just have some extra time on my hands today), I will explain my stand on the following three topics that I get most "hate mail" about: judging, hating, and name calling.

1) Judging

The phrase "judge not" occurs 7 times in the entire Bible. Two of those are the often quoted "Judge not, that ye be not judged." in the books of Matthew and Luke. The other five instances all speak favorably of judging, in fact, God is upset because of the fast that people do NOT carry out judgment.

2Ch 19:6 And said to the judges, Take heed what ye do: for ye judge not for man, but for the LORD, who is with you in the judgment.


Isa 1:23 Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.


Jer 5:28 They are waxen fat, they shine: yea, they overpass the deeds of the wicked: they judge not the cause, the cause of the fatherless, yet they prosper; and the right of the needy do they not judge.

1Co 4:3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.


The word "judge" occurs a total of 191 times in the Bible, so I'm guessing it's a word God likes to use.

God is not saying that we should never judge. He is saying that we should not judge a matter unless we are willing to have someone else judge us on that same matter. For instance, I can say that murder is wrong, which is a judgmental statement. Any time they like, people are welcome to tell me that I am wrong if I commit murder. They can mete me by the same measure that I set forth, and be justified in doing so.

Matthew 7:2 - For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

God, in fact, commands us to judge all throughout the Bible, such as in this verse:

Joh 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

An entire book of the Bible is called judges. God instituted a government based on judges. I would like to ask all those who write to me and say that judging is always wrong if they think we should get rid of all the judges in this country, as well as the judicial branch altogether. Obviously, that would be utter foolishness.

Furthermore, we are not limited to only judging those areas of life that we are blameless in. For example, I have taught our children that telling a lie is wrong, in spite of the fact that I have lied many times. But if they called me on it, I would have to admit that, yes, I am a liar like everyone else, and yes, I am wrong for that.

The parable that Jesus uses in that favorite passage is about someone having a mote in their eye. Jesus doesn't say not to pull the mote out (= judge them), but rather to remove the beam from our own eye first and then help the other person (=judge them). To go back to my example, I have never put a post up here saying how wretched and disgusting it is to even tell a single lie, because I, like all other human beings, have lied.

But I have never killed my children by way of abortion, IVF, or any other processes that end the life of a child after conception. I have never murdered anyone else, either. I have never dropped my kids off in daycare to pursue a career. I have never been, nor ever will be, a sodomite. So if I speak out against any of these issues, I am willing to be judged by those exact same standards.

My final remark on this point is that a statement such as "You are a judgmental, bigoted [expletive]", some variation of which I receive daily, is judgmental. Only a judgmental person can accuse me of being judgmental, after judging me to be so. Hence, they are also a hypocrite, because they think it is ok for them to do something that they are telling me is wrong to do.

Judging is NOT wrong, and I challenge anyone to send me a Bible verse proving me wrong - excluding the ones above that I just disproved.

2) Hating

Many people think it is always wrong to hate anything or anyone for any reason. Others like to parrot the phrase "hate the sin but love the sinner", which yes, to a point, is true. But there comes a point when God hates certain people after they have rejected him time and again, and then we are commanded not to love them.

God said in Hosea 9:15: All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.

In Malachi 1:3, God said: And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

Psa 139:21 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?

Psa 139:22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

2Ch 19:2 And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD.

Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

If hating people is wrong, God must have been wrong in hating all these people listed above, which is not a conclusive list by far.

I hate sodomites because God hates them. Romans 1 makes it clear that they became like that AFTER "God gave them up" and "God gave them over" because they rejected him time and again and would not believe on Him. It is a lie that they were born that way. It is a lie that anyone can become one. Once a person is saved, they are incapable of sinking to the level of a filthy animal because God is not rejecting them. God places the death penalty on sodomy, so apparently He thinks it's time for them to go to hell.

Lev 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Of course, it is no surprise that God lists bestiality just a couple of verses further down. Sodomites are sick predators who don't just stop at relations with someone of the same gender. They are also capable of committing bestiality and pedophilia.

Sodomy, bestiality, pedophilia etc. are NOT natural sins. Any human being has a sin nature that makes them want to lie, steal, or commit other sins. A man might look at a provocative picture of a woman and automatically be inclined to lust after her in his heart, but no man naturally would lust after another man that he sees in a similar pose. That is "against nature", as the Bible puts it. Only a reprobate is capable of sinking to those depths, and only after they have reached a point of no return with God.

Yes, there was a time when any person on this earth could have been saved, and God did not want for them to go to hell, but eventually there comes a point where God draws the line. There are people in hell right now, and will be there for eternity, whom God allowed to die before they believed on Him and got saved. His Spirit will not always strive with man.

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. [that's AIDS]

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

[Here God starts the roll call of listing the attributes of sodomites:]

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. - Romans 1:27-32


3) Name calling


When I say that homos are filthy animals, I think of these verses:

2Pe 2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

Jude 1:10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

When I call them queers, this verse comes to mind (as "queer" means "strange"):

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

When I call them fags, it is to make a point of how much I hate them. Kind of like God was trying to make a point of being crass in these verses:

2Ki 18:27 But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?

Isa 36:12 But Rabshakeh said, Hath my master sent me to thy master and to thee to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men that sit upon the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?

Mal 2:3 Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.

Don't bother leaving me a dissenting comment, it will neither be read nor get published. Start your own blog and write whatever you want on there. Or better yet, crack open the Bible and read it, rather than getting your world views from the television. You might find that God is not Santa Claus.

33 comments:

  1. Just to let you know, your church's website has been updated with new pics, but not that Rebecca is now part of the family

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD FOR YOU! I'm not good at this kind of thing, so it is nice to read it from someone who is.

    THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are like a breath of fresh air. Be true to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! Hallelujah! I think I'm gonna shout (I'm Pentecostal, by the way--glad I you haven't said what you think about US). Anyway, I just wrote an entire essay on this VERY subject and my husband would not allow me to post it because was afraid I would offend some people. It is GREAT to see that there is someone else with some sense in this world (even if you are Baptist--j/k). I LOVED it! I may even link it from my page if that is OK with you?

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am one of those "can't take my eyes off the train wreck". I can admit it. I don't agree with everything you say or do, but on the same hand I also agree you and your family are allowed to do whatever you want. To each his own right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's your blog and you have every right to manage it the way you decide to. After a while those comments get old and it just fuels a debate that already been bebated times before so what the point. Blogs are simply a glimps into someones thoughts and ideas and if you don't share them or agree with them you just have to keep those thoughts to yourself. If you feel that strongly about the blog then just don't read it anymore.

    Like you stated much of it is curiousity and the shock value to other people. It may be that many can't believe that someone actual feels a certain way and states it. Though I might not agree with everthing you say it doesn't make me think that you are any less a nice person. We all have our views and we are not going to all agree with each other 100% of the time. If we did boy these blogs would be very boring to read!

    All the power to you. You obviously believe in certain issues very strongly and you have every right to express those opinions.

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. there are few things that I don't agree with you entirely about, but I also get so much encouragement from seeing how you makeyour big family work- And how you make it God-centered.
    What boers me is that a commenter like that is spending time "judging" you, while he should be going around practicing what he is preaching. Thank you for sharing your life with the internet.
    It doesn't matter to me if some of our views differ, the most important ones are the same. GOd and family !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christians are wimps in today's society. We keep our mouths shut so we don't offend someone or so we can be politically correct. The whole point of the story of Sodom and Gomorrah was that the people stood by and did NOTHING and the sins of the OTHERS began to taint them. Good for you for standing up for what is right and good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a reader who doesn't necessarily share your or your husband's views on a lot of things. I don't hate you but I do find you endlessly fascinating. I sometimes wonder if, under different circumstances you and I could be friends. We share very similar beliefs in regards to breastfeeding, co-sleeping and being SAHMs. Your religious views endlessly intrigue me and this is why I am posing the following question. A question that I really hope you answer because I genuinely would like to know. The question is this: why on earth are you eating ham for Christmas Dinner? If you follow all of God's words and His rules for living why do you choose not follow this one:
    Deuteronomy 14.8 Also the swine is unclean for you ..... you shall not eat their flesh

    Sorry, if I have not annotated that correctly, and yes I have truncated the section because time is pressing on this end. But, the general idea is still there.

    I am very interested in a reply :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lindsay, thank you, it has now been updated.

    Rose and Grace, thank you! It's nice to know there are other people out there who feel this way.

    Amy, you are welcome to link to any part of my blog or copy and paste any text anytime without asking first. As far as Pentacostals go, I think they are not saved because they believe they can lose their salvation, which essentially means they believe in works. Maybe I wil do a blog post on this sometime soon. But no, I don't hate them. In fact, I have been able to win several of them to the Lord.

    Hope, thanks. Too many times, the people who accuse me of being "intolerant" are themselves intolerant of people like me.

    Christine and Heather, thank you. No two people will ever agree on everything, which is why we all need the foundation of God's word. I'm glad you still enjoy reading my blog.

    Kelly, thank you! I really enjoyed looking at your blogs!

    Alice, believe it or not, but I used to be a left-wing liberal with very different values. Then I realized the Bible was true, became a Christian, and have used it as my basis for everything in life. I like to think I have the best of both worlds (liberal left and radical right). If you ever met me in person, I am sure we would get along famously, but I would be trying to "convert" you the entire time, which you may find impossible to be around. I will answer your pork/ham question in my next (=first) Q&A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not Pentocstal, but I grew up in a Pentecostal home. You are incorrect. Pentecostals do not believe you can "lose" your Salvation. I just wrote a blog post on this very thing. I hope you will educate yourself on what "Pentecostals" and others believe before calling them unsaved! You can view my post here:
      http://fromonemommy2another.blogspot.com/2013/10/are-we-once-saved-always-saved-or-can.html

      You certainly don't have to agree with their viewpoint, but I do ask that you not claim that believe something that they don't....Thanks!

      Delete
  11. I am sorry that you feel attacked, and that those comments have left you feeling hurt. It is a very painful thing to hear bad comments when you know in your heart you are doing good.

    I completely disagree with you on most of your stances, and, in fact, I too am hurt by some of the things I have read in your blog. BUT I hope to walk with you in solidarity as a Christian because we a both working to propagate the Good News.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,

    Not sure really how I found your blog other than through addictive bloghopping. :)

    You have very strong views and the great thing about being Christians is that while we may never agree on every thing we need to agree on the main things.

    It isn't easy being a Pastor/preacher's wife. People hold you to a different level of humanity and often judge you far more harshly than someone who isn't.

    You live your life in a clouded glass fish bowl. You can see alot, just not everything.

    Blogging is similar. A journal created by you, to extend your own thoughts...my my my what a playground for fodder and judgement all it's own.

    I know all too well, I was once told I needed to find a prayer closet and needles to say I found out how easy it was to be thrown under a bus by some and pulled out by other's.

    Needless to say i found the comment selector after that. Your blog is just that yours. An online place for you to vent, write, keep in touch, and just share life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. AMEN sister! Who are the real haters? Is it not the people leaving the nasty comments? No one is forcing them to read here.

    Oh, the ~trainwreck excuse~. Believe me, I get that one all the time. For crying out loud, if one can't control where they click on the internet, they need to get their internet service cut off, imeediatly. :-P

    Isn't comment moderation a beautiful thing? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found this... interesting. Permit me one question please. No insulting, I promise!

    I typically don't go out of my way to leave dissenting comments of a sort, especially the kind that are probably not going to be read, but I think there is a point missed with Romans 1.

    I thought Romans 1 (at least from my personal Bible study) was a progression of society because of the inaction of the believer to educate. Not that this lessens the sin of homosexuality (although I do believe God views all sin as the same), but it is an important note to make: When Christians do not do what they are supposed to do, there will be a certain progression that follows. Christians should educate people and not use violence against them to act in a Christian way, but teach them so they grow up in a better way (or learn a better way, and get saved).

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like this blogpost quite a bit - it explains it to a tee - and trying to explain it to people who only are looking to gore you with a jab, sometimes I wonder what is the use? But keep plodding on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm still not really sure quite how I stumbled upon your blog aside from an endless stream of links. I suppose, in a way, you could say I'm one of those "can't take their eyes off the train wreck" people. I find a great deal of what you have to say interesting - regardless of the fact that I disagree, at least slightly, with most of it. I guess that's why I've been stuck reading through the different posts for the past several hours. While I would rather like to argue some of the things you've said, I get the feeling that any response I got wouldn't be much different from what I've already read. I would, however, like to ask what it is that makes you believe 'sodomites' - as you call them - to also be practicioners of pedophilia and bestiality? Also, do you believe that of all homosexuals?

    ReplyDelete
  17. While I do not agree with some of your beliefs, you are a sister in christ and I thank you for your steadfastness to your faith. I pray for you and your families well being.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Mrs. Anderson,
    My name is Samantha (I'm not afraid to give you my identity, but I don't have a blog to link you to me, unfortunately).
    I understand your frustration about IVF and abortion. My first child is just over 2 months old now so my hatred for abortion is even greater than it was before. Nothing that I write to you is in a spirit of hate, anger, judgment or ridicule. I only write in love as your sister in Christ because I desire that your relationship with God be a growing one.

    I searched on Biblegateway.com for how many times the exact word "judge" appears in the KJV. It came out to 170 times with the exact word "love" appearing 280 times. Following your logic, I would say that God desires love more than He desires judgement. This does not mean that He is an unjust God, but only to echo Him in Matthew 9:12-13, "But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. and wouldn't you agree that sodomites are sick? Though God indeed gives people over to a reprobate mind, I do not believe it is our place to decide who has been given over and who hasn't.

    How can you reconcile being so hateful toward others when Jesus says in Matthew 5:43-47, "Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?" Would you not concede that sodomites are your enemies and do indeed persecute you as a Christian for believing what you believe?

    On the topic of name calling, you quoted 2 Kings 18:27 and Isaiah 36:12 when Rabshakeh is speaking. In the surrounding verses (2 Kings 18:13-37 and Isaiah 36:1-22 it explains how Rabshakeh was working for Sennacherib, the king of Assyria. Rabshakeh quotes Sennacherib and blasphemes God in 2KI 18:33-35, "Hath any of the gods of the nations delivered at all his land out of the hand of the king of Assyria? Where are the gods of Hamath, and of Arpad? where are the gods of Sepharvaim, Hena, and Ivah? have they delivered Samaria out of mine hand? Who are they among all the gods of the countries, that have delivered their country out of mine hand, that the LORD should deliver Jerusalem out of mine hand?" and in Isaiah 36:18-20, "Beware lest Hezekiah persuade you, saying, the LORD will deliver us. Hath any of the gods of the nations delivered his land out of the hand of the king of Assyria? Where are the gods of Hamath and Arphad? where are the gods of Sepharvaim? and have they delivered Samaria out of my hand? Who are they among all the gods of these lands, that have delivered their land out of my hand, that the LORD should deliver Jerusalem out of my hand?"

    You are using the quote from God's enemy to justify your behavior of name calling. Now I know that one can say that it is quoted in the Bible and since it is God's Word, then it could be justified as God speaking. But this is a grave mistake because, as you know, there are places in the Bible such as when Jesus was mocked. It would be heretical for someone to say that it was okay to mock Jesus because of those passages (Matthew 27:29-31, Mark 15:17-20 and Luke 23:35-39).

    (I need to make another post to finish.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry that it took so long to post this second part. I sent you an email instead and I forgot that the first post went through :)
    Anyway, here is the rest:

    I am one who loves Jesus Christ and reveres His Word and so I implore you to please be careful about what passages you use to justify your behavior.

    There are also other passages such as 1 John 4 that talk about how God is love. He is a God of love, not hate. And though He is also a God of wrath, He first desires the salvation, not damnation, of all (2 Peter 3:9). His wrath is His just and right reaction to sin, but His heart is a heart of love and not hate.

    I hope you can see my love for you as your sister in Christ through this. I do NOT hate you or your family. In fact, I honestly respect you. You seem like such a great wife and mother and I enjoy reading your blog. There is a lot that we agree about and I could see my husband and I being great friends with you and Pastor Anderson if circumstances were different.

    But I beg you and your husband to please be careful in how you handle the Word of God and to also be careful about claiming people to be reprobates. God is the only one who looks at the heart (1 Samuel 16:7) so He alone knows who He has given over to a reprobate mind.

    I would really appreciate your feedback to my email or this post.

    Also, I hope your pregnancy continues to go well! I'm so excited for you and your family during this time. If you have any prayer needs or requests, I would love to pray for you about them.

    Thank you, Mrs. Anderson!

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Umm... I know this doesn't have much to do with the content of the post, but are you looking up the quotes? Or do you remember the passages off by heart?
    Because that would be difficult.
    (although I actually haven't read the Bible myself so I don't really know.)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm one of your train-wreck readers. (and I'm not trying to be insulting)

    I've spent the last few hours reading your posts, because I just can't fathom people that think like you. It's entertaining to read what you write, and since you take controversial (I'd say extreme/unreasonable) views, you're bound to get a lot of hate from people for it.

    Yes, I've felt insulted by several of your posts, but that's what keeps me reading. If I thought I could change your mind about anything, I probably would be right up there sending hate-mail with the best of them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mrs. Anderson, have you grasped the grace that God has "lavished upon us" through the giving of His perfect Son over to be crucified for wretched sinners like us? You were in rebellion to Him, hating him and doing evil, I was too and every believer was once. There is no room for pride with the gospel. If it weren't for Christ's compassion, we would have been left in our sorry state, but thanks be to God that we weren't. How then can you be so quick to harshly condemn sinners, rather than trying to lovingly lead them to the Lord? Homosexuals are no worse than we once were!!! Please see that. We are ALL wretched without Christ and Christ's love should compel us to heart and weep for the broken. Please consider what I'm saying. I say this as your sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  23. May I ask how you view the relationship of Paul's position in Romans 14:1-19 to your argument here? Because it seems to me that Paul is advocating an approach rather divergent from yours.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You're right about one thing; I do like to read your blog for entertainment value. And if you and your family are happy living the way you do, then more power to you. I'm not so sure about you calling people like me judgmental, however. To me, you and your husband seem very judgmental and critical of other people. In fact, the two of you seem to think that you have a corner on the one and only true worldview. I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree. Though I'm an atheist, I still consider myself a cultural Jew whose parents were Holocaust survivors. My husband is a progressive Christian who also has an interest in Buddhism. Our views work for us, but we certainly don't impose them on others. Please be aware that people have a right to hold differing opinions and that most women, myself included, want to vote, have careers, plan our families and be equal partners with our significant others.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are not God. He can hate because He is perfect and sinless. You need to hate the sin, not the sinner.

    I started following your blog at first because I thought you seemed as a Conservative Christian woman to follow.

    However, I see a haughty spirit in you (I am not asking you to post them comment, I am just trying to post from one Conservative Sister in Christ to another). Certainly we all have sin and we should not be afraid to point out sin. However, the way you write, makes it appear as though you are perfect and have all the answers. It's a very Pharisee appearance. I am certain this is not your intention. Sometimes, God has revealed to us something and we want to share it with the world. We want everyone's eyes to be opened as ours are. However, we must be careful with out approach.

    Certainly, I'm not asking you to walk on eggshells, but I am asking you to consider why you are saying all of these people say you are so harsh? Do you think there could be something to it? Does it bother you? Jesus was crucified for sharing love, so I'm certain that we will be mocked and ridiculed for our message. However, Jesus always dealt with sinners in a loving and compassionate manner....something that appears to be lacking in your blog ( I do believe your caring and compassionate, I just believe your writing becomes more of a rant of your point of view rather than focused in prayer before writing).

    I am not here to argue or even disagree with you. Certainly we will read the Bible and seek the Holy Spirit and stand before God on Judgment Day for our actions. I am just saying, from one Conservative Baptist to another....the Holier than Thou attitude is a turnoff to both Christians and non-Christians alike. It does no good to tell others what you think if you are not able to reach them with the Gospel.

    You could have used this post to share the Gospel, but instead, chose to use it to defend your actions. If you feel God is leading you to these actions, then there is NO need to defend yourself. Then just keep doing what you're doing. If you continue to defend yourself, the devil gets you off of sharing the Gospel and focused on the petty.

    I encourage you to block those whom are causing you frustration. Focus on reaching those whom the Holy Spirit has prepped for you to minister to. Don't get off track!

    We can't control whether people adhere to our warnings...all we can do is to be faithful to the Message and to do so in a loving, meek, and gentle spirit.

    I believe you have an audience and have such an opportunity to share the Word of God, but let God be the judgment. Judge the sin....not the sinner. Even Jesus said He was not here to judge us but to SAVE us! Let God be the judger of individual people. You can continue to judge sin...it's important to do so, so that we can see the law and see our transgressions. But no one wants to listen to someone who exhibits such pride and a haughty spirit.

    My goal is not to offend you. If I didn't care, I wouldn't write you. I want you to know that from one Ind. Conservative Baptist to another, your critics are right. I know you care, and I know you write to share your heart with others. But your tone needs to change before anyone will take your words to heart. I hope you are praying for your readers and your blog posts each and everytime you right, and are not just writing to "rant."

    May God bless you serving Him!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the above post. I agree, let God be the judge. Frankly, I detected a hint of bitterness in this post. I have my own blog and I can write and express my views just as well as you can, but I have to beware of letting the flesh dominate and antagonizing others because I have a bone to pick. None of us are better than anyone else because of the life we choose, the number of children we CHOOSE to have, or what standards we have. We are all sinners saved by grace, and no one is more deserving of heaven than another. Be careful of becoming preachy and downright nasty. I've seen too many blogs where people do this, and it turns me off. Also, with all due respect, I don't believe God outright hates anyone. It says "hate" in the Bible several times referring to people, but I believe it's referring to His judgment of those who reject him over and over, and there are some who he has favored above others (Jacob vs. Esau). Even so, ALL have an opportunity to accept Christ at some point. John 12:32 says "If I be lifted up, I will draw ALL men unto me.", and John 3:16 says "For God so loved the WORLD that He gave His only begotten son." Again, be careful of parsing verses and gleaning what YOU want to glean from them. I believe what the Bible says for sure, but not every word can be taken at face value and it may mean something totally different from what we think. Blessings from a chance reader who came across your blog on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  27. “The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” Says it all...

    ReplyDelete
  28. I know this is an older post, but I LOVE IT! Sodomite are vial! GOD gave them up! I don't know what it is about that they do not understand. I don't believe they can be saved. Therefore I won't try and give them the gospel. People also have called me hateful and judgemental for this. I have never found in the BIBLE where JESUS saves a queer. I will not love them! I hate them with perfect hatred.
    Thank you so much for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  29. 1 Peter 2:21: For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

    22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

    23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

    24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

    I would really love to see this verse being made practice more in the world! NOT condeming others, but leave it to the Father, who judges righteously. That is the example Jesus gave us. He did not hate sinners, only sin itself, so shouldn't we. That is far more difficult than just give way to hatred to other people.
    I never read anywhere that we can do just like God. If He should hate someone, that would be His right, but that doesn't make it ours! Our example is Jesus, who loved the sinners, and didn't keep a secret hatred hidden in his heart even when He was killed.

    In order to be able to love other people, even if they are sinners (and that does not mean we must see them as our intimate friends), we must condemn the sin that lives in our own flesh, stand together with God herein, and be freed from it!

    At one point I think we should judge moreless about others: if they want to be part of our church or home, as stated in 1 Corinthins 5:12. They must not get influence in our home or church, I see this as the only way we are commanded to judge other people.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great post, I would have also mentioned 1 Cor 6, which basically says that the inability or unwillingness to judge matters among ourselves is an *abdication* of our responsibilities to judge.

    ReplyDelete
  31. The creation of this blasphemous "thou shalt not judge" doctrine is certainly Satan's favorite! Looking at the responses above, which is merely a microcosm of the so-called "Church" today, what a disappointment modern "Christians" are today! Our Heavenly Father would surely be disappointed in this ridiculousness that enables evil and allows it to spread unchecked.

    But for those who insist on completely disregarding all Biblical evidence, whether it be the exhortation to "judge righteously", Paul's disgust with the Church for not judging, or twisting Jesus' words from "judge, but do so in this manner - not as a hypocrite" to "don't judge!", I would simply ask them this: would you leave your children in the care of a pedophile? There are only two answers to this question, either: a) NO, absolutely not! In which case, you are (correctly) exercising judgment against another, or else b) Yes, why would I judge somebody who has molested children and prevent them from having my own! In which case, you have simply exposed yourself as a mentally ill fool who cannot be trusted with children yourself and are willing to sacrifice them on the altar of your false doctrine. And YOU would be responsible for their molestation by abdicating your RESPONSIBILITY to judge righteously!

    In summary, Zsuzsanna - you really hit the nail on the head in pointing out the hypocrites who judge you yet proclaim with all their might "THOU SHALT NOT JUDGE!". I don't think it's a stretch to assume these judging hypocrites are the very people Jesus was referring to!

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.