Thursday, November 20, 2008

Grocery Game update

If you have been reading my blog for a while, you may remember me talking about the "Grocery Game". I won't repeat here how it works, but you can click here to go to their website and here to read all my old posts about it.

While I have not mentioned it in a while, I have been doing the grocery game just about every week for almost two years now. Lately, I have been breaking new records on how much money I save because the sales and coupons at this time of year are very good. On Tuesday, I bought all the stuff in this picture for $9.89.



There are 6 packs of pasta, 7 bags of chocolate baking chips, 3 packs of cream cheese, 2 boxes of oatmeal, bananas, cooking spray, a pack of toilet paper, and a tub of frosting (which I only picked up because it ended up being free after using the coupon, I plan on giving it to someone who eats that because I always make fresh frosting). Compared to the regular shelf price total of $52.35, that is a savings of 81%. Unfortunately, the store was out of the 5 lb bags of C+H sugar, which I would have been able to get at 50 cents each. I had the clerk write me a rain check, because I had five coupons and I was planning on stocking up on sugar for the baking season. 25 lbs of sugar for $2.50 is pretty cheap!

Nothing makes for a great shopping trip like getting a great deal, and seeing the cashier's stunned face when they ring up my total price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.