Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Busy 2 weeks ahead

While my days are usually pretty busy, the next two weeks are especially packed as I am trying to get everything done by the first week of October, which is one week before my due date.

I am down to having weekly prenatal check-ups on Wednesdays. While I do enjoy them, it still takes a chunk of my time out of my day. Also this week, I need to take Solomon to the portrait studio for his birthday pictures.

This Saturday, there is a wedding for a lovely couple at our church, which is actually the first wedding that my husband is performing. Sunday is Solomon's 7th birthday, and also the day of his party (like Sundays are not already busy enough around here!). I still have several things to get done before the weekend, such as buying new dress shoes for Miriam and Isaac (and then getting her to like wearing them) and preparing everything for the birthday party.

The kids are still doing their school work this week and next, which is kind of hard to do with all the other stuff I am trying to get done. We mostly do the worksheets in the morning, then run errands in the afternoon, and do subjects like history and science at night.

Next week, other than getting through the last week of school before our "baby break", I also need to get the oil in my van changed (so I won't have to do it with a newborn), wash all the sheets for the bassinet and the lining of the car seat and baby swing, move a dresser so there is room for the birth tub in my bedroom, and then buy/get out all the birth supplies that I didn't get ready yet. Of course, it would also be nice to stock up both my fridges and both freezers with fresh and pre-cooked foods to make life immediately after the baby a little easier. Either that, or endure my husband's cooking. He is actually getting better at it, but the kitchen looks like a war zone after he makes even the simplest meal, and I cannot for the life of me sit comfortably on the sofa while I am staring at a dirty kitchen, so I know I'd just get up and clean instead of resting like I should be if I have him do any cooking.

My energy levels have been pretty good, but walking can be painful. The baby also likes to get its backside stuck in the bottom of my rib cage, which is not comfortable at all. My biggest goal right now is to make it until my midwife gets here on the evening of Oct. 9, which I think is reasonable because I am not having any contractions at all yet. Please pray for me!

10 comments:

  1. I pray for you and your family everyday. I wish I was closer I could help you. I cannot imagine what it is like for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are going to be pretty busy for the next few weeks. I find it very interesting that your husband has never performed a wedding before. Aren't most young people at your church already married? How many people attend your church? I am sure it will be a neat wedding. I hope you will post some details about the wedding.

    I know this may be a controversial question. I don't know how you all feel about this. But will your husband ever perform a wedding for a couple where one has been divorced? My pastor will not do weddings for any couples where one has been divorced and I really appreciate his stand. The bible talks against divorce. Please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray for you and your family daily.
    I'm WAY past childbearing age (I'm 53), so I no longer can look forward to the blessing of a new baby.

    I now look forward to my children, all 6 of them, to give me the blessing of grand-babies. So far, two of my daughters have blessed me with three gorgeous, wonderful, beautiful granddaughters- ages 10, and 4(x2!).

    You amaze me Zsuzsanna! I'm not sure I could have done what you do when my kids were small.

    All the best-
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki and Deb,

    Thank you for your prayers, I truly do appreciate it very much!

    Misty,

    Our church has been around for less than 3 years, and this is the first time a couple is getting married. No, my husband would not marry divorced people because the Bible says that divorce is always wrong, and that divorced people should either remain unmarried or be reconciled to their spouse (assuming he/she has not remarried yet). I am surprised and glad to hear that your pastor takes a stand against remarriage, that's become very rare these days.

    Our church runs about 30-40 because we have a pretty high "turnover" - people who come for a while but then decide they want something more liberal. So growth has been slow and steady, but all the people that "stick" with us really love the Lord, soul-winning, and unapologetic preaching.

    Deb,

    I wouldn't call myself amazing, especially not when I look around at the mess the house is still in at midnight, and my to-do list that hardly shrunk at all today after all the new things I had to add to it. I can either go to bed right now and not get my work done AGAIN, which will make me grouchy and discouraged in the morning, or stay up doing laundry, dishes, etc. a little longer and wake up grouchy and tired from lack of sleep tomorrow morning.

    Last weekend, I took some time to type up blog posts for the next two weeks (they are scheduled to publish automatically), and I thought I would have more time to work on housework at night. I do, only it seems my housework has suddenly doubled!!

    Really, it's not nearly as bad as it sounds, and I don't mean to come off as complaining. I am just trying to get everything done before the baby, which is impossible because a mother's work is never done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you need to get things done before the baby comes, and you don't like seeing your house in a mess, but don't push yourself, either.It's not good for you or the baby.
    Also, do you think we could have a pregnancy picture before the baby arrives?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zsuzsanna,

    It's nice to hear that your husband won't do weddings for a couple where one has been divorced before. Sadly, a lot of pastors are compromising today. I feel like this sets a bad example for young people. It seems like when a pastor does a wedding for a couple where one has been divorced before, it gives a message to young people that marriage is not that important and that they can divorce if it doesn't work out (against God's will). We know from scriptures that God hates divorce.

    You would not believe how high the divorce rate for Christians is. I've heard of some Christians in the church getting divorced. I was particularly sad to hear of a young couple (I thought everything was great) getting a divorce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What about divorce in cases of abuse, addiction or adultery?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering about sprogmama's comment, too. What would your advice be to a woman whose husband beats or rapes her? (I am not trying to be facetious here, I am truly wondering.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. pascha and sprogmama,

    It seems to me that if a wife is submissive and rendering "due benevolence" as the Bible teaches, that her husband would not have to rape her. A woman who is being beaten could have her husband arrested which would probably teach him a lesson. When he gets out of jail--well, that's where forgiveness comes in. As for addictions and adultery--I know a good Christian lady who stuck around through those problems and her husband ended up getting saved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Raani, rape is a crime of power, not sex. It's about dominance, humiliation. Sex is merely the weapon for the crime. It leaves life long scars upon one's soul. I know, I am a rape survivor.

    I love my husband. I've seen him through his addictions but should he lapse again, he knows that our marriage is over. I will not put our kids through the destruction addiction brings again.

    Should he ever abuse me or our kids, he has broken his vows and our marriage is over. I will not tolerate him harming our children or myself.

    As for adultery, one time I would forgive. Numerous times, the marriage would be broken and over.

    I am a forgiving person. I can forgive most things, but harm a a hair on my child's head and God will be the only one forgiving. Not me. A mother's purpose is to protect her children. Allowing them to be abused is to take the God given gift of motherhood and spitting on it.

    I would rather commit, what some see as a sin and divorce my husband than in my mind, commit the greater sin of allowing my children to be harmed.

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.