Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Break Fun

In spite of giving the kids two weeks off from school for our trip to Europe, I still decided to let them have a one-week spring break this week. This had more to do with my busy schedule than them needing time off. The weather has been very nice around here and we are all looking forward to school being over for the summer soon.

On Monday, I took the kids to the Arizona Science Center, and afterward took them to Peter Piper Pizza for lunch.





On Tuesday, Solomon got a bigger bike (20"), while Isaac upgraded to Solomon's old bike (16") and John got to have the small bike (12"). He is the only one who still has training wheels, while Solomon and Isaac speed around like crazy. Often, they crash into each other, and it's a miracle they haven't broken any bones yet.

Yesterday, Wednesday, I heated up the spa for Solomon, Miriam and myself while the other kids were napping. The pool is still a little bit too cold to go swimming, but last week when the weather was hotter the water actually got up to 72 degrees and Solomon went swimming last week. He knows how to swim without the floaties, but I made him put them on because I really didn't feel like getting into the cold water to supervise his swimming. For me, the water has to be in the mid-80s before I consider swimming in it.






Today, we have lots of errands to run. When we are all done I want to take the kids to a nearby park that is great for riding bikes. It is next door to a library, so we might end up going there, too.

Hope you all are taking time to have some fun with your family!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are all having such a great time! It's freezing here in Pennsylvania and just seeing you all in a pool makes me wish I was there more now then ever LOL! The most we do outdoors is take the dog for a walk around the neighborhood otherwise we are always playing inside.

    God willing our house will sell in the upcoming months so we can enjoy the climate in AZ.

    Enjoy your time catching up on things!

    God Bless,

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed seeing pictures of your kids. It is hard for me to believe how quick Miriam has grown. I personally think she looks like you some in the face. She is so cute. What do you think? I wish I could go swimming now, but it's too cold in North Carolina of course.

    I also enjoyed seeing the pictures of your trip to Germany and Hungary.

    Are you planning on finding out the gender of your baby? It would definitely be nice for Miriam to have a sister.

    Misty

    ReplyDelete

Your KINDLY WORDED, constructive comments are welcome, whether or not they express a differing opinion. All others will be deleted without second thought.